How feasible is this??? I've seen plenty of youtube videos and forum posts saying that its all possible. But in real terms... is it sustainable and safe for long term use?
Check out the below links for more info...
There is an entire forum dedicated to this: http://www.diypowerwalls.com/index.php
Has anyone in SA attempted this? Is anyone willing?
This seems to be an interesting topic , comments will be appreciated.
For sale is my backup setup as per the title.
Inverter + MPPT are working 100%
The prices is R10k neg which includes delivery.
Thinus Jacobs posted a topic in Starting In Solar? Feel free to introduce yourself,Hi I need a lot of advice. I am thinking of goiing solar. My daily usage is about 30 kw/h. I am thinking of first installing a 4 - 8 kw inverter wit a small bank of batteries just for load shedding purposes. This part of the installation can be done by an licenced electritian. I then plan to add panels to the installation myself as finances permit, until i reach the optimum number of panels. Let s start with the questions.
1. I am looking at the 4 kw axpert or the Sinerji the are of similar specs and price any ideas from the old hands
2. The part of installing the panels can it be done by a lay person?. I am quite nifty with my hands but don' t have much expierience with electicals, safe wiring the odd plug or installing my own alarm and ctv cameras. Is it legal for lay person to do the 48v part of the installation
rest of my questions i will post as the project develops
I currently have 10 300w solar panels connected to a 5kva Apert (Mercer) invertor.
1) What is the max 300w solar panels can I connect to a 5kva Apert invertor ?
2) Should the max be 12 panels, what advantage might I experience by doing that ?
a) batteries will be fully loaded quicker ?
(b) I will use lesser Eskom power ?
3) Will the cost of the additional 2 panels out weight the saving on my Eskom account, over a 5 year period ?