Mike

Antminers?

Jaco, i cannot wait to see the "farm" have you seen what they want for pandaminers now....$4500..madness

I am putting in a SMA 11000TL GTI to support the rigs. it will now need more panels on the roof....i have 8.8kw, now to find some more space on the bedroom wing to get me to 11kw

12 hours ago, Mike said:

....$4500..madness

All mining hardware is going up, two days ago, the Chinese blocked the ordering of Litecoin miners at 1260USD, 6 hours later they reopened ordering at 1980USD. They stated out of stock, but the ones open for orders now,  is the same batch as the lower priced ones. Did you see the X11 miner price increase... Supply and demand... wow!

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I am putting in a SMA 11000TL GTI to support the rigs. it will now need more panels on the roof....i have 8.8kw, now to find some more space on the bedroom wing to get me to 11kw

Dude, the wife liked that place where you live so much she wants to make a weekend of it. If we do, I'll come check out the new setup :-)

1 hour ago, Chris Hobson said:

Looks Like Mike is going to have to open a B&B with a mining tour thrown in for good measure.

Hehe, run some copper heat pipe to fry some eggs off the GPUs. When may I come?

"Mikes Mining Inn"

Always open to "visits"...been thinking of water jackets for underfloor heating.

busy installing a check in counter....see below, still have the top and right side to build. You see mining can be stressful

the bar.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Always open to "visits"...been thinking of water jackets for underfloor heating.

busy installing a check in counter....see below, still have the top and right side to build. You see mining can be stressful

the bar.jpeg

I see pool ques! As well. Im there !

This makes me sit back and think at bit...whenever I now look at properties, I first look at the construction and orientation or the roof.

After running out of roof space on the garage - designed and build by myself in 1994! - for 24 panels (at a squeeze - the bottom panels makes the rainwater drip directly into the gutter), I like @Mike's elongated L or even U-shape design. Can always add some east / west panels for a longer sun "window".

12 hours ago, Mike said:

just upgraded my solar panels....... more mining can now be done.. these only supply power to the mining side. the house has it's own system...

mike updated pv.jpg

When the space station flies past they will need to watch out for the blinding sun reflection coming from the west coast.   Nice Mike!!  

13 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

This makes me sit back and think at bit...whenever I now look at properties, I first look at the construction and orientation or the roof.

After running out of roof space on the garage - designed and build by myself in 1994! - for 24 panels (at a squeeze - the bottom panels makes the rainwater drip directly into the gutter), I like @Mike's elongated L or even U-shape design. Can always add some east / west panels for a longer sun "window".

You are 100% correct with that train of thought. i designed and built the house U shaped only for my panel orientation. i still have one roof of 10 x 4 north facing for some more and a NNE facing where i can add another 6 for the "home side" inverter.. today the 36 pv gave me a cool 76kwh....

42 minutes ago, Sidewinder said:

Glorious cloud free days up here in GP, after a wet weekend.

If a genie gave me three wishes, it would be 1) can I have some rainy weather please, 2) I want it to actually RAIN dammit!, 3) okay that's nice but I don't think you get what I'm aiming for here, I want it to be positively pouring!

what you mean, we got to R99000 for a short while today  lol,  where in the world does one make 900% profit in 10 months???? blockchain is here!!

Hi Miners ;)

Given the ridiculous increases in price at the moment is the yield from your mining rigs staying constant?

Regards

M

Hi Mark

D3s still doing poorly, S9,s on bitcoin never been better, best returns by far for miners, S9s even doing better than the L3+ litecoin miners. Other miners took a big knock 2 days back when a very popular mining pool was hacked and 60mil USD got stolen from them. 

My BTC payouts on the S9s are pretty constant, although the value of the payout increases every day. 

Regards

J