Infinisolar 10Kw, 3Phase inverter for sale

SilverNodashi

Infinisolar 10Kw, 3Phase inverter. Hardly used. Upgraded to 16Kw two weeks after installation. Had 9Kw solar panels connected to inverter. Can take Eskom, 3phase generator, solar panels and 48V battery bank as power source. Dual MPPT solar charge controller built-in. 

Price: R45,000

Specs: 
Max PV power: 14850W
Max charging power: 9600 W
Nominal DC Voltage/Max. DC Voltage: 720 VDC/900 VDC
Start-up Voltage/Initial Feeding Voltage: 320 VDC/350 VDC
MPPT Voltage Range: 400 VDC~800 VDC
Number of MPP Trackers/ Maximum Input Current: 2/2x18.6A
Nominal Output Voltage: 230 VAC (P-N)/400 VAC (P-P)
Max. Battery Charging Current: Default 60A, 10A-200A 
Price neg.
Phone: 081 406 5333

Retails for aprox R56,000

inifi_10Kw_3.jpg

inifi_10Kw_2.JPG

inifi_10Kw_1.jpg

inifi_10Kw_4.jpg

More importantly, does AICC on R-Pi work with it? JDP or Manie, is this Inverter in your scope to add to AICC? Would be and option for me, if it is supported. I believe only the Infinisolar V is supported?

We have one that is testing it on the pi.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

More importantly, does AICC on R-Pi work with it? JDP or Manie, is this Inverter in your scope to add to AICC? Would be and option for me, if it is supported. I believe only the Infinisolar V is supported?

Yep it works. We support the 3 , 5 and 10 Infini on the Pi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My professor once told me "There is no such a thing as a dumm question". 

So here goes: 

This 10kW unit for sale, can it supply more power that a 5kW expert? I suspect it can only do 3.3 KW max per phase. That 1500 W less that the Expert. I have 3 phase, but would like to go beyond 5 kW  (like 8 kW). perhaps the answer lies is splitting ones DB into three. One for phase 1 supply, one for phase two supply and one for direct Eskom loads. Emergency Gennie on the phase that one would lile to survive. 

Or is there a better plan.? I would like GTI in future.

• 2 weeks later...

Yip, I do use >5kW occasionally. Today, i see Max Grid Day from ICC = 6108W!!!!. I have tripped the inverter 4 times so far, due to overload. Once I was not home, so had to drive back home to reset. Not nice. Got 2kW elements to replace the 3 kW ones in the Geysers. Job for this weekend to swopout.

• 2 weeks later...

Silvernodashi or anyone else, just a general question.

If you loose 1 of the phases, what happens to the output? I'm assuming that all 3 phases will continue on the load side, with the missing phase being generated from solar/battery. Is this correct.

In my area (direct Eskom supply), this happens frequently.

3 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

If you loose 1 of the phases, what happens to the output? I'm assuming that all 3 phases will continue on the load side, with the missing phase being generated from solar/battery. Is this correct.

That's quite a good question, as I haven't experienced it yet. My guess is that it would continue from solar power, but I'd hate to lie if it isn't so. 

14 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

Don't know either, but I wonder about the technical feasibility. At least with the blue inverters there is an option to balance the phases. Even if you have just one inverter, you would put that on the first phase and it will take into account the power on the other phases and balance them to zero.

So it would depend how a three-phase infini does this. I would expect that it balances the three phases to zero, ie it interacts with all three. If one phase drops out, then for safety reasons I would expect it has to drop all three (to avoid accidental feedback on that one), so my expectation would be that a lost phase would send the inverter into battery backup mode.

I may be wrong, but that's my reasoning.

51 minutes ago, plonkster said:

Don't know either, but I wonder about the technical feasibility. At least with the blue inverters there is an option to balance the phases. Even if you have just one inverter, you would put that on the first phase and it will take into account the power on the other phases and balance them to zero.

So it would depend how a three-phase infini does this. I would expect that it balances the three phases to zero, ie it interacts with all three. If one phase drops out, then for safety reasons I would expect it has to drop all three (to avoid accidental feedback on that one), so my expectation would be that a lost phase would send the inverter into battery backup mode.

I may be wrong, but that's my reasoning.

I'm taking a wild guess, and want to think that it would switch over to solar completely, if one phase drops on the Eskom side. I know it doesn't work with 1 phase generators. it's a 3-in-3-out type inverter. You do get single phase in, 3 phase out type inverters which will probably still keep running of one phase drop, on the input side?

I don't really think it's a bad thing if it drops all phases when one goes out. In a condition like that, you're half-likely to get some pretty bad power on the remaining phases anyway.

That whole thing where the current on the neutral is zero in a properly balanced 3-phase system... first time I learned it it blew my mind. How was this even possible!? In time, it started to make sense. Now I visually see it in my mind's eye like a 3-petal flower, with the power running around the outside of the petals (120 degrees out of phase). Pluck off a petal, and the proper response is to shut the whole thing down.

Yeah I suppose that is a weird analogy :-)

16 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

The imeon 9.12 does start supplying the phase you lost, only. Quite nice

• 1 month later...