Axpert Firmware 72.70

Don

OK Now I am going to try and trouble shoot.

1. What voltage did you see from your panels today?
  2. What make and size are your panels?
  3. How are they configured?
  4. Do you have a combiner box and are your strings individually fused.
  5. Was today cold with you?
  6. Current settings for programs 1,2,11,12,13,16,26,27,28,29,30,31.

Just check today whether the LCD/Watchpower registers a voltage for your panels. If it registers a voltage then it is a setting/inverter problem. If nothing registers then it is a fuse/breaker/physical problem. Cold weather can give you problems you never experienced before.

36 minutes ago, Dave Morley said:

Would this not be related to setting no 2 to 70 amps per inverter?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

There has been a misunderstanding. I was just wanted to know that both inverters were set to 40A  to give us ~ 75A  total. So you should not have changed program 2.  

• 2 weeks later...

I run both a cheap Chinese AVR and a diesel generator to supply my Axpert. There was a problem the 52.30 firmware and gennies but I have not heard of problems with later version of firmware. Make sure that program 3 is set to APL rather than UPS to make the Axpert more tolerant of AC voltage and frequency variation.

On ‎2017‎/‎06‎/‎07 at 3:08 PM, Chris Hobson said:

I run both a cheap Chinese AVR and a diesel generator to supply my Axpert. There was a problem the 52.30 firmware and gennies but I have not heard of problems with later version of firmware. Make sure that program 3 is set to APL rather than UPS to make the Axpert more tolerant of AC voltage and frequency variation.

Thanks.  It seems that the problem was caused by not having any load on the inverter.  Once I connected the load then the inverter accepted the generator quite happily.

HI Guys, please help.I am running two x 5 KV Axperts but the solar charging is not totally incorrect.

I believe there is an upgrade/patch that I can run to solve this problem. Read about it on the forum but can not get the upgrade or the instructions how to do it anywhere.

Can somebody please assist me, I will appreciate it.

Another question, I am running 4 strings of 4 x 24v panels to these units. One of my collueges claims that it is too much as the specsheet shows 60VDc - 115VDc WITH 145V MAX. Most of the time I run at more than 115vdc during the day. Is this part of my problem or not?

1 hour ago, Deonsr said:

4 strings of 4 x 24v panels to these units

Technically there is no such thing as a 24V panel. The voltage depends on the level of insolation so the voltage will vary. Manufacturers commonly make three kinds, the so-called 12V module (36 cells, usually works best around 18V), the 24V module (72 cells, works best around 36V), and recently there has also been 60-cell modules, which work around 30V but could probably be called a 20V panel if we were following the same two-thirds rule used for the rest.

I'm almost certain you are NOT using 72-cell modules, because the open-circuit voltage of those modules are often close to 45V, and 4 of those in series will be at 180V which is higher than most of the MPPTs on the market. So you are likely using 60-cell modules then. These have an open circuit voltage around 36.5V, so 4 of them puts you over 145V. You're cruisin' for a bruisin', one cold winter morning with bright sunshine and that MPPT is going to go poof. Your colleague is absolutely correct, it's too much.

Is it part of the charging problem? Probably not, though I don't know how well the Axpert MPPT operates outside of its recommended zone. I know it continues to work, but it is less efficient. Don't know how much, but probably less than 10% lost. Wild guess.

Edit: just to clarify... "insolation", not to be confused with insulation, it's the amount of incoming sunlight :-)

On 6/15/2017 at 10:34 PM, Deonsr said:

I believe there is an upgrade/patch that I can run to solve this problem. Read about it on the forum but can not get the upgrade or the instructions how to do it anywhere.

You can find the patch and discussion here:

http://forums.aeva.asn.au/pip4048ms-inverter_topic4332_post64095.html#64095

• 1 year later...