Solar Eclipse - USA 21/8

Mark

Hi All

I nice site with some graphs of power demand and supply - will be interesting to see what happens in California next week.

http://www.caiso.com/informed/Pages/SolarEclipse/Default.aspx

Regards

Mark

PS Edit: I realise how far behind we are here in SA when you browse the site and look at some of the agreement/plans and renewables integration work being done.  Impressive.

11 hours ago, Mark said:

I realise how far behind we are here in SA when you browse the site and look at some of the agreement/plans and renewables integration work being done.  Impressive.

Yes, it is sad. On Sunday I watched Carte Blanche how a booming wind turbine company was squeezed by Government to bring production to a halt and they would probably be forced to close their doors, as it is not in the best interest of Government. When Zuma decided Nuclear was the way to go, he probably based it on a paper that was written and published in 1956. In South Africa we do exactly the opposite to what other 1st world countries are doing. Unless the Guptas sell their Coal Mines and invest in a Solar Panel Factory, large scale renewable energy will always lag behind in this country. 

12 hours ago, Don said:

Yes, it is sad. On Sunday I watched Carte Blanche how a booming wind turbine company was squeezed by Government to bring production to a halt and they would probably be forced to close their doors, as it is not in the best interest of Government. When Zuma decided Nuclear was the way to go, he probably based it on a paper that was written and published in 1956. In South Africa we do exactly the opposite to what other 1st world countries are doing. Unless the Guptas sell their Coal Mines and invest in a Solar Panel Factory, large scale renewable energy will always lag behind in this country. 

For now, you and I have our own little power plants and that should hopefully see us through the nuclear disaster as well.