Axpert mks 5kva

Jac

Good day, I have installed a Axpert mks 5kva inverter with 4x110ah batteries as a backup system to dedicated plugs and all the lights in my house, currently Eskom is charging the batteries. I just need to find out how offended should I use the power from the inverter to exercise the battery.  

The only reason to "exercise" them is to check that they still work. Suppose your local municipality strikes a deal with Eskom and their power doesn't get cut (this seems to be a common reason for people to get inverters :-) ) and now your expensive UPS sits there floating the batteries, you don't want to discover after 18 months that the batteries are dead when there is finally a power failure.

Once a month is ample. It's not going to be beneficial for the batteries, though not really harmful either, it's just a system test.

What should the power usage be while the inverter is on s/by? The reason why I am asking is because I am monitoring the power usage on a 24hr cycle daily with a Radiant "Owl" energy meter and realised that it increased since the inverter is installed and on s/by. At night the power usage was 161Watts which the refrigerator not running,currently with the same the power usage is 606Watts.  Could this be a true reflection? How much power should the inverter use while on s/by? 

The Axpert uses about 50W in standby mode and your battery bank probably uses <100W if fully charged. The Owl meter measures apparent power rather than real power so I would not hold the readings as a true reflection of what is going on (especially at low levels of consumption). The usefulness of these meters is to get an idea of usage patterns. 

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, saif1985 said:

i have in issue in 5kva . fault 03 is still. battery volt is 49 but inverter show fault 03.

Oooh that does not sound good. Fault 03 is a high battery voltage yet you report a battery voltage of 49V. Have you measured independently with a multimeter?