gabriel

weekend humor II

i am not able to find the original 'weekend humor', so i had to create this topic as here is one i just have to share:

"My great Uncle Albert died at Custer's last stand.

He wasn't actually in it. He was camping near by & went over to complain about the noise."

this is the made in usa version, the made in sa might replace 'Custer's last stand' with bloedrivier, spioenkop or vlakplaas... :)

11 hours ago, Mike said:

was on ops Modular in those days up North in Cuito

Somewhat serious bent on this, I ran into a car guard at a local shopping center who is from the DRC, but while we were having a discussion he told me that he is originally from Angola. It turns out he is a former MPLA soldier! He was 17 when he joined the army. He didn't have much choice: You got killed if you refused.

the trend of this discussion makes me remember a old saying of the wits radicals

"A luta continua..."

to which the average witsie replied

"Valuta continua"

:D

Guys, I was just outside Grunau on Tuesday morning and it was - 2 Celsius. My car has a known problem. The suction control valve on the diesel pump only allows pressures up to 50Mpa. It took ten minutes of patient glow-plugging and failed start attempts before enough heat slowly soaked into it and it started. The weirdest thing when you have the accelerator pressed right to the floor and all you get is a slow idle rising slowly. Tonight I'm in an area where last night it was - 8. Good thing I'm not going anywhere tomorrow.