AXPERT(MECCER etc) INVERTERS

Tokolosh

AGM Batteries

AXPERT Inverters does not allow for the High charging Volts of AGM batteries.

Firmware:

Is there Firmware updates for this product to rectify this. 

Software:

Programming Software available for them, where can I get a cable to connect to PC 

Thanks 

51 minutes ago, Tokolosh said:

AGM Batteries

AXPERT Inverters does not allow for the High charging Volts of AGM batteries.

Axpert charging voltage is higher enough for most AGM and Gel batteries. The bulk charging voltage is not high enough for Trojans and therein is the problem. One can circumvent this problem by installing an independent SCC.

Firmware:

There are but each new official firmware perpetuates a charging bug that can cause the inverter go to float early whilst charging from solar. This problem with vanilla firmware is solved by using @Coulomb's updated firmware. It is available here . @Coulombis busy with a beta of new firmware so a new version may soon be available. Please note Coulomb's firmware is only for the 4kW version.

Software:

Programming Software available for them, where can I get a cable to connect to PC 

@Manie's ICC is is available here . You should have received a RJ45 serial cable and/or a USB Type B cable when you purchased your inverter to connect your inverter to your PC.

19 minutes ago, Tokolosh said:

I believe it's physical limits. At least on the 4048, the capacitors on the DC bus were only rated 63V and the FETs only around 85V or something. With so little margin, I think the designers erred on the low side when deciding the maximum.

But as Chris said, usually it's not the AGMs that's the problem. It's the spiral cell batteries (62V fast charge), the thick flat-plate batteries (Trojan, 59.2V) and OPzS batteries (60V) that's the problem.