Patched Axpert firmware based on Duo/Tri MPPT 75.XX: interest?

Coulomb

My colleague Weber and I have the opportunity to create a patched firmware based on official firmware 75.XX. This official firmware is for Dual and Triple SCC Axpert 5 kVA models ONLY.

We have no means to test it, so we'd rely on feedback from users, many of whom could well be on this forum,. It would be the "LC" (Lead aCid / Lithium Cobalt) variant, since that would presumably be what's most used here. Plus, it's the simpler of the two variants. It would not have any fancy patches like "font" improvements, AussieView™, etc.

Would there be an interest in fixing the two charge bugs? Recall that the official firmware goes too quickly from bulk/absorb to float stage. Also, if the absorb counter is in use, time spent more than half a volt below the absorb voltage is counted as absorb time, when it should not. It could be useful to ourselves eventually, as we might want the option to purchase such a model in future, and perhaps the single SCC models may be phased out in future.

If you have the ability and interest to test, could you reply with your U1 firmware version number, please?

Hi Coulomb,

I have 4 units of 5kva with 74.10 firmware working in parallel but one got bad recently. When I changed the control board with the old one I have, It happens to be 52.xx firmware and cannot synchronize with the remaining three. Please, I need help to upgrade it to 74.10 or all to 75.xx so that I can be able to use them in parallel.

Thanks

Hi Coulomb,

I have 4 units of 5kva with 74.10 firmware working in parallel but one got bad recently. When I changed the control board with the old one I have, It happens to be 52.xx firmware and cannot synchronize with the remaining three. Please, I need help to upgrade it to 74.10 or all to 75.xx so that I can be able to use them in parallel.

Thanks

On 14/12/2017 at 7:32 PM, Innocent said:

Hi Coulomb,

My understanding is that 75.XX is only for dual- and tri- MPPT models. I've not seen any 74.XX, but I believe that they are a newer version of single-MPPT firmware, like 72.70 or 73.XX.

I think that this is a classic case where your supplier has to send you an update for 74.XX. When he does, if you're allowed, please post it here or PM it to me. Otherwise, all I can suggest is downgrading to 72.70, either official firmware or our patched 72.70c. I am not aware of any 73.XX or 74.XX firmware update files available anywhere.

As a point of interest, what model came with 74.10 firmware?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Coulomb,

i use an inverter 5kVA-48 plus duo and bought this one from: 

https://voltaconsolar.com/conversol-5kva-duo-mppt-inverter-charger.html?___SID=U

They provide an update on their website, but these files are password protected. For some reason, they are not willing to tell me the password. Very bad after sales support :-(

https://voltaconsolar.com/monitoring-software

So i'm interersted in your firmware. My inverter is running on 75.20

Thanks, 

Rik

Hi @Innocent. If your four inverters are of the kind that have a single SCC each (not "Duo" or "Tri"), and can only do 4 kW/5 kVA (not the "Plus" or PF1.0 model that can do 5 kW/5 kVA), then you should be able to "downgrade" to our patched firmware 72.70c in all of them. But this is entirely at your own risk, and you will have no way to go back to 74.10 if it doesn't work. So I suggest you first upgrade only the one that has the 52.xx firmware and then check that it at least works by itself.

Hi @Rik. The firmware you linked to shows version "18.17" and appears to be missing some recent features. Yes, Coulomb cracked the .rar file password. B) But Coulomb and I have just released our patched firmware 75.31a for the dual and triple SCC models. Please let us know if it works for you.

Hi @Weber, thanks for the information an the quick response.

I did sucessfully the update of my inverter and I'm now on dsp_LC1_75.31a :).

Can you tell me how to access the settings number 32 from the Axpert manual ver. 2.1?

31448707jy.jpg

Also i saw in this manual programm settings numbers from 32 to 39.

http://www.steca.com/frontend/standard/popup_download.php?datei=210/21081_0x0x0x0x0_Steca_Solarix_PLI_Manual_EN.pdf

I post this also here:
http://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4332&start=1925

Thanks,

Rik

On 02/01/2018 at 6:35 PM, Rik said:

Hi Coulomb,

i use an inverter 5kVA-48 plus duo and bought this one from: 

https://voltaconsolar.com/conversol-5kva-duo-mppt-inverter-charger.html?___SID=U

They provide an update on their website, but these files are password protected. For some reason, they are not willing to tell me the password. Very bad after sales support :-(

https://voltaconsolar.com/monitoring-software

Perhaps this is a Good Thing™. It turns out that the DSP firmware on this site, which is claimed to be for 5 kVA models, is actually for 1.5/3 kVA models (12/24/48 volt). Presumably the SCC firmware update file is also for these smaller models.

Edit: This also explains the version number, "18.17", being so different to other 5 kVA firmware version numbers (e.g. 75.00).

VoltaconSolar updates.png

Edited by Coulomb
Added "on this site", and version number

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Allen Hobson said:

I seem to have the Dual MPPT version of the 5kva... but it is running Version 52... HOw do I tell for sure?

The easiest way would to look at the inverter itself does it have two PV inputs and therefore has 2 MPPTS

ICC reports 2 MPPTS but this does not necessarily mean your inverter has 2 MPPTs. It means that ICC is able to report data from inverters with dual MPPTs.

I might be mistaken but I don't think the dual MPPT Axperts have been imported to this country.