Axpert / Mecer 5KVA model

mohammedbera2

21 minutes ago, Werner Piek said:

59FA53E0-CA48-4E85-9B35-4F59E434682B.thumb.jpeg.cc43774d284d74d218ad2901b04e30d2.jpeg

0C074E9B-CF83-4C03-A7B4-C863667727D2.jpeg

Today I completed the power hookup. I tested the two inverters (one on the left is old one 5kva /4kw with firmware 72.7c and the one on the right new 5kva/5kw with firmware 74.1) They have now been running or about 2 hours . Tested under load at about 7.8kw and the two inverters shared the load about equaly at around 3.9 each 97% and 78% . Two different models 4kv and 5kv successfully paired.

On 02/02/2018 at 8:29 PM, mohammedbera2 said:

spoke to the supplier : asked them for 74.10

... reply was it will work  must use 74.10 as master unit and  72.60 as slave

Fault  code ( 71 )

same as @Werner Piek

So it's official then. The supplier's really don't know what will work and what won't, and people like @Werner Piek and others have to figure it out for ourselves. Thanks, Power Forum, for hosting this valuable information!

[ Edit: and thanks Werner, for providing it, of course. ]

Edited by Coulomb
Where were my manners?

5 hours ago, mohammedbera2 said:

Will it be OK :wacko: 

Very first Axperts where UPS'es with a very small charge controller. 

So as Chris said, go ahead, it is perfect fine. Will work as a UPS.

13 hours ago, mohammedbera2 said:

Will it be OK :wacko:

To connect only :

battery

I am glad you got them paralleled. I am currently running mine only on batteries. Also still need to put my solar panels up. Eskom was down yesterday for 6 hours and the inverters worked well. 

One thing I have noticed is that even though both inverters ( 74.10 and 72.70c ) can be either master or slave . Settings will only change on both inverters if the master is 74.10. I noticed that with the backlight setting on and off. So it would make sense to only do setting changes when the master is 74.10. The 72.10 also have the battery equalization ability.

Now I cant wait to put the panels up.

Edited by Werner Piek
update

I have picked up one small issue with the two inverters running different firmwares. The monitoring software ( watchpower 1.11) only picks up the master and the cable has to be plugged into the master. If I add the slave on a separate cable( either the serial and usb wit same results) it wil come up on its own port for 2 seconds identify itself but does not populate the tables. Then it disappear again. 

Mohammedbera2's supplier sent him the update file for 72.61, to downgrade his new pf1.0 machine (supplied with 74.10) to work with his old pf0.8 machine. Presumably the supplier would have assumed that the old machine was running factory firmware 72.60.

He's asked me what firmware he should run - LC1_72.70c on both, or 72.61 on both, or 72.60 on old and 72.61 on new.

Weber and I thought we should answer this question publicly, in case anyone else is considering replacing 74.10 with an earlier version.

Since there is no way to restore 74.10 if it doesn't work, then we recommend you do exactly what the supplier tells you to do. That way, if it doesn't work, it's their fault, not yours, and not ours. In Mohammedbera2's case, that should probably be PB1_72.60a (to properly charge the battery) in the old machine, and the supplied 72.61 in the newer machine.

If the new 5 kW/5 kVA machine does work with 72.61, then you could consider putting a patched version of the firmware into both inverters. But it must be the same patched version in both inverters: either 72.60a in both, or 72.70c in both, or 73.00a in both. But this would be entirely at your own risk. We have not tested any of our patched firmware in a  5 kW/5 kVA machine.

Perhaps someone else might be willing to test that combination first.

For more information about which version are parallel compatible, see this post:
http://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?p=66644#p66644

Thank you to everyone for the input it has helped me a lot. My system works well with the two different firmwares and two different hardwares paralleled. 5048 pf 1 with 74.10 and 4048 pf0.8 with 72.70c . My only issue being the monitoring software keeps on loosing coms with the slave . I would consider  loading the downgrade firmware 72.61 , but only if I can get 74.10 just in case it does nit work.

• 1 year later...

Good day anyone can assist here.got a sinergy inverter 48v 5kva giving error 90 i understand some on this forum said is the firmware which needs upgrade. Can anyone help on how to upgrade. I have a watch power application can read the parameter of the inverter saying it has a 72.90 version? 

10 hours ago, Bruce Mamvura said:

Good day anyone can assist here.got a sinergy inverter 48v 5kva giving error 90

I'm very confused about the Synerji (note spelling) machines. Is yours spelled that way?

This site says "Multiple operations: basic Grid-tie, Off-Grid, Grid-Interactive". That implies that it's a true hybrid inverter, that can export power to the grid. Someone else pointed out on this forum that they have this capability.

But that means it operates very differently to an Axpert, and Axpert firmware isn't going to have a prayer of working in one of them. However, "72.90" is a known firmware for Axpert inverters, although it seems to be more common in (perhaps exclusive to) clones.

The synerj́i logo seems to be a trademark of Synergy Electrical, a South African supplier of all sorts of electrical gear, not just inverters or even renewable energy gear generally. So they are putting their name on something made in China, (as many other resellers do), and it's possible that there are multiple sources for these. That might explain some of the confusion.

If your machine really runs just like an Axpert (e.g. identical settings and LC Display), then you could rescue it by updating the firmware to 73.00e (patched firmware, two flavours available). See the uploading instructions; you will need a suitable USB to RS-232 adapter and a Windows computer. Others have had success with updating clones that come with 72.90, but not all clones are able to be updated at all.

Please check your settings against a manual for an Axpert, e.g. this one. At least the first dozen or so settings should agree (there are some differences with different firmwares in the higher numbered settings, e.g. not all allow for timed absorb stage, setting 32. If you find differences, then Axpert firmware isn't going to work, and could well cause problems, including damaging the hardware.

You could also contact your supplier, and tell him that you are not impressed with this problem, and ask firmly what is he going to do about it.