Effekta Ax-P error 05

Allop

Hi.
I need help.
My Effekta AX-P 24v inverter sends error 001. 005
At night, when the ambient temperature is 0-5 degrees Celsius, the inverter looks around 80 degrees Celsius with a consumption of 70w.
Day when I have a charge of over 400-500 watts the temperature drops around 50 degrees celsius.
Fans take their test at the start of the inverter, but only one works when higher consumption occurs.

I disconnected the inverter, changed the fan that does not start and nothing changes.
Any idea?

Alin, I cannot help as such, but maybe load the website and all that here, that they guys can see what you are talking about?

Is it another Axpert in disguise or a clone, that is the question.

Good luck!

Is Effekta ax-p 3000 made in germany.

https://emoncms.org/dashboard/view?id=39626

Sometimes the ICC loses the connection to the inverter and displays the value of 0 or 100 respectively.
After restart raspberry, everything returns to normal.

The transmitted values are reversed.
When the inverter temperature rises, the transmitted value is decreasing.

But this is not a problem that I solved using mathematical formulas

I worry that the first fan is not activated and I do not know how to fix it.

I know that a couple of the gents installed a permanent fan on the inverter that has made quite a difference. That could be an easy test to do. The data jumps I noticed that some values will fall to 0 but if you look at the trend , I would venture that it is more of an data issue than a hardware issue. 

I found that the data sent to emon.org sometimes goes gaga. In my case Ill get some spikes from time to time , but only on the .org site. 

I am not sure why it stops and that does make it difficult. In my case what I did was to stop the upload of data to emon.org the moment it detected that there is no connection to emon.org. 

I am sending a ping to the .org site every x-time (Cant remember the time) and if it times out - stop sending until the ping goes through again. It helps but I still get bad data on the .org site. I used to use the .org site for remote view of the system , that way I didnt need to port forward anything but now a days I use Openhab for that but it still an easy way to remote view.

@Alin I dont think it is the USB as the BMV is a strait serial device that just "spits out" data once you connect to it. Any serial connection with terminal works. It is actually one of the easier devices to "read". My guess would be that the software is hanging , do you know if there is a command that you could restart the ICC software in terminal via ssh?

12 hours ago, PaulF007 said:

I dont think it is the USB as the BMV is a straight serial device

There is one way this could happen, which is that the process that has the port open (ICC in this case) doesn't properly die. Restarting that process only starts a second instance, which then cannot communicate with the port because it is held open by the first process. Restarting the entire machine, of course, kills all the processes including the errant one holding the port open, and all is well again.

So some things you could do. First thing would be to run something like "top" to see if ICC is still running. Or list all the processes with the command "ps aux" and see if it is in the list. You could also check what has the serial port open with fuser, for example, on my machine I can see that screen (a terminal aggregator) is attached to the relevant serial port:

$ sudo fuser -v /dev/ttyUSB0 
                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/ttyUSB0:      plonky      13848 F.... screen

And then you can kill that process, using "kill 13848" in this example, and if it stubornly refuses to die, you can take out the big hammer and smack it with a kill signal: "kill -KILL 13848"

A discussion about how signals in unix work is beyond this post... suffice it to say that unix is a bit more polite... by default it asks processes to terminate rather than shooting it. On windows... using TerminateProcess is akin to always smacking things with the biggest hammer... that is to say, this is a feature, not a bug :-)