gabriel

MORE ESKOM WOES... is that possible?

now they really start using dangerous [but real!] language "I’m anticipating lights out within the next 60 days. Government will have to declare a state of emergency.”

ok i know it is a month old, but still interesting

https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/1803613/eskom-on-ropes-as-lenders-refuse-backing-unless-is-corruption-resolved/ and

http://www.poweroptimal.com/350-increase-decade-expensive-electricity-south-africa-compared-countries/

i wonder how many eskom employees voted here - it is from their web site <_<

5ac52e6c2995e_eskomfblikes.JPG.ce6deebc7dd04639144357a56040b43f.JPG

Dude, I've resolved for myself that step one is to get everyone a passport, and stash some money outside the country (not an easy task). I'm pretty sure nothing is going to happen and this is just some scare-mongering, but it pays to be prepared and you lose nothing otherwise. Waiting for one birth certificate, that should be here by month end. Passports apparently take about two weeks. Cutting it a bit fine if these prophets are right, though I am confident that they are not.

Technically one should always have a valid passport, that's just common sense. So much more dignified than sneaking over the border on foot.

Nothing will happen. Eksom will continue and the rains will return, you will not be invaded and Cyril will sort most Zuma drama out.

See this has started:

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2018-04-04-scorpio-breaking-eskom-wants-in-on-mckinsey-trillian-r1.6bn-state-capture-loot/#.WsXO5HpuaUk

Ps. And if I got it all wrong ... well, it then better happen soon for the last trained battle hardened "Suid Afrikaanse Weermag Lede" are getting a wee bit old in the knees see. :D

2 hours ago, plonkster said:

sneaking over the border

i'm sure you will be in good company there, at least no customs and excise to poke their fingers in your belongings :)

45 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

you will not be invaded

now who would want to do that to a country with near junk status :o

but yes, i agree with you @The Terrible Triplett, maybe we have become so accustomed to the rising water temperature - a la the frog story - that even if it starts boiling [hasn't it?] we'll stick around - for were we not 'trained' to be vasbyters?

1 hour ago, gabriel said:

the frog story

Someone actually tested that one. The frog jumps out, contrary to what you've been told. Of course that is not the point... I know :-)

51 minutes ago, gabriel said:

... for were we not 'trained' to be vasbyters?

O no, we are vasbyters, that is why we are staying, knowing full well it is getting hotter, as Plonkster says.

I always joke.
5 Afrikaanse manne around a table.
Within hours you will have 6 political parties, and 7 churches, between the 5.
But boy, when they agree on politics, you will have the 3rd Boer war. (... and in this one they will be joined by people of all color, shapes and sizes)

35 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

shapes and sizes

i'm so glad, for discrimination on these points will be  hard on us ou ballies :)

42 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

Within hours you will have 6 political parties, and 7 churches, between the 5.

An Afrikaner got stranded on a deserted island. They found him three years later. The island had received somewhat of an upgrade since he landed there... and it sported (among others) two churches. When they asked him about it, he explained that one of them is the church that he used to go to...

4 minutes ago, plonkster said:

one of them is the church that he used to go to

i suppose he was the preacher as well... looking for a better paying congregation ? :mellow:

1 minute ago, gabriel said:

i suppose he was the preacher as well... looking for a better paying congregation ? :mellow:

Who knows! I think it contains a little bit of truthful commentary on the NGK/APK split back in the day. Sometimes I wonder how many people even read the written material under dispute... though of course that is hardly limited to us slightly bastardised former Europeans :-)

well, even the chaldeans, nevermind satan himself, had a  role to play in redemptive history - so die afrikaner moet nie 'n groot kop kry nie - look how dismally the 'chosen' nation failed their prophets.

but lets give the stranded guy a name, if his role model was robinson crusoe would that make him robert coetzee? :huh:

3 hours ago, Mike said:

TTT, us oldies can still do it......as long as i have a comfortable mat and an indent in the ground for my stomach plus clean glasses i should still see thru a scope fair well.  lol

Ek bewe te veel...

Drink ook nie baie nie want ek mors te veel. 

Lol

21 minutes ago, Johandup said:

Ek bewe te veel...

sien nou eers dis eintlik witbank... g'n wonder die naam is verander ;)

annelien kriel kom mos daarvandaan - of wie het julle op die map geplaas? ons is nog nie op die map nie, die kleiner plekkies om ons wel...