claudioa

I'm developing a strategy video game where you operate the Electric Power Grid

Hello, I am a self-taught game developer and student of Energy and Environment (Master Degree).

I dreamed about this game a long time ago and have been developing it since, learning the craft along the way. In the game you manage the electric power grid by operating different powerplants, investing in renewables and managing resources. By playing the game you deal with several concepts about energy production and consumption and the differences between all power plants.

To win the game, you must connect all buildings to your grid and always meet the electricity demand

You can try it out using this link: https://claudioa.itch.io/power-the-grid

It would be great to hear your feedback!

Have fun!

storage_update.png

That reminds me a little of simfarm or even simcity. We also had a local board game called boereplaas that had an interesting twist: The farm manager would make mistakes causing things to break down, a bit like disasters in simcity. It would be incredibly funny if you modeled some disasters on actual eskom situations. 

11 hours ago, plonkster said:

That reminds me a little of simfarm or even simcity.

being too hasty i would always go for the cheat codes to build the arcologies in simcity, but that never prevented some sections of my society from rioting or burning down etc... much like many politicos of today, only interested in their own arcologies :mellow:

12 minutes ago, gabriel said:

cheat codes

Simcity 2000. If you typed the word "damn" three times it would pop up a message to cool it with the language. And then for the rest of the game all your residential areas would have more churches than houses.

Also, if you types "rob a bank" it would ask you if you really wanted to take a loan at 25%. What you'd do is take two loans like that, with one additional "normal" loan on top. This would wrap the overall number and make it go negative, which means the game paid you instead of the other way round. Then you had lots of money and could do anything :)