PurePower

Axpert SCC MPPT v4.12 Firmware

I have seen a few people showing screen shots of v4.12 of the SCC firmware. Does anyone have a copy of this firmware? or where it can be downloaded from? 

16 hours ago, PurePower said:

I have seen a few people showing screen shots of v4.12 of the SCC firmware.

I'm wondering if 4.12 might be the one needed by the dual- and triple-SCC models.  These Solar Charge Controllers have a different protocol, so that they can get their data over a daisy chained serial connection without interfering with each other. SCCs do have a "DIP switch" port (real or virtual, i.e. implemented by different PCB layout) that tells the firmware whether they are capable of 60 A or 80 A, so it's possible that they might do a similar trick to talk the two different protocols. If that's the case, then 4.12 might also be an enhanced version of 4.10 for single-SCC models. But maybe they don't or can't do the DIP switch thing for protocol selection, in which case 4.12 might be only for the dual- and triple-SCC models (i.e. it might not work in a single-SCC model at all). I can't seem to find anything on this now.

Can you recall where you saw these screen shots?

On 15/04/2018 at 1:04 AM, Coulomb said:

I'm wondering if 4.12 might be the one needed by the dual- and triple-SCC models.  These Solar Charge Controllers have a different protocol, so that they can get their data over a daisy chained serial connection without interfering with each other. SCCs do have a "DIP switch" port (real or virtual, i.e. implemented by different PCB layout) that tells the firmware whether they are capable of 60 A or 80 A, so it's possible that they might do a similar trick to talk the two different protocols. If that's the case, then 4.12 might also be an enhanced version of 4.10 for single-SCC models. But maybe they don't or can't do the DIP switch thing for protocol selection, in which case 4.12 might be only for the dual- and triple-SCC models (i.e. it might not work in a single-SCC model at all). I can't seem to find anything on this now.

Can you recall where you saw these screen shots?

I saw it on this forum. 

And i also think i saw a pic on the AEVA forums but cant find it now. 

9 hours ago, PurePower said:

I saw it on this forum. 

Ah. It goes with main firmware 72.90, which I've never heard of (though that means little), and it came from a no name brand machine that produced error 90 (which might be designed to catch clone manufacturers). My guess is that both 72.90 and 04.12 are unauthorised copies (perhaps with minor modifications) of older Voltronic Power firmware. I would not consider that to be a credible source. I'm not saying that there aren't other, credible sources, but that's not one of them.