searching for anything on the forum

Hi,

When I search for anything,be it for icc software right now as I cannot for the love of mike get the email alert to work for gmail on the PI, it does nothing.it searches finds nothing 

and big brother then says wait 19 seconds for the next try.

I have come across this a few times.It has worked once or twice,but I feel it should work for any query be it one or two or more words.

What has happened to the software sub category too?

Thanks,

27 minutes ago, flamegrilled said:

searches finds nothing

The word has to be longer than a certain minimum. I think 3 characters is too short. I too find the search frustrating. You never find what you want the first time, and by the second time you get sent to the naughty corner for some seconds.

9 hours ago, flamegrilled said:

the email alert to work for gmail on the PI

I think this is related to DNS on the network connection(wifi) as the update software option does not list the previous updates for ICC either.

9 hours ago, plonkster said:

I think 3 characters is too short.

My observation too.

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, RudeApple said:

try using this google search string site:powerforum.co.za "YOUR KEYWORD"

That's pretty much what I do nowadays. The search function on this site is so irritating, you can't even go to page 2 without having to wait 17 seconds.

Thanks for the feedback- the search function is being addressed in the next few patch updates. I have thrown a very large amount of server resource to it to make it slightly better,

Power-forum is highly indexed on google - your strategy of using google will work great if the built in search is a bit slow.

Thanks for the feedback

Sincerely

Jay