• 1 month later...

...also more that when they realise what you ask for and know its not common, they load the price.

I bought all my DC trip switches from Feoo, got onto then via Alibaba, you can pay using PayPal, a 100Amp DC trip switch double pole was 33 USD, the DC Fuse holder plus a 10 Amp fuse was 1.79 USD, 10 Amp DC trip switch was 2.51 USD I think

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

That's probably because they don't (yet) know what it is that you're looking for. Most electrical wholesalers got training with AC equipment. DC is "foreign" to most of them. 

My local supplier has been trying to get on board with the whole DC lark and while he's far behind what I consider to be acceptable, he's at least making an effort. I had to go to communica to get hold of a 12v day night switch though. 

This post dates from a stage when I needed 1 component to complete my installation. I am sure everyone knows the feeling I needed that component NOW!. My wife went to EL and after I had phoned and asked whether they had DC switches in stock I received the above. My local supplier is actually sharp but we have a long supply chain to Graaff-Reinet so thing take time. He has come up trumps with strange things like 6 pin RJ11 connectors and AC contactors with DC coils.

Thanks to SuperDIY I now know a 6pin RJ11 is a RJ12. It helps knowing what to call the thingie-ma bobbie that you saw at your mate's place that would work perfectly in your installation. I think half the local supplier's frustration is having farmers trying to describe components.