Infinisolar 3k plus Factory Password

hybrid

Does anyone have the factory password for the infinisolar 3k plus. I want to adjust the maximum grid voltage from 253V to 255V. My brother sometimes experience 254V in off peak times. The inverter shutdown due to overvoltage. Any help please. According to the specs the inverter can take 265V max.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/1/2016 at 6:17 AM, Mike said:

sent you a pm

Hi I have a 3 KW Infinisolar from Mustek (JHB). It is 10 months old, has been back twice to Mustek. First time after about six months it just died.  Mustek replaced some parts.

Since then I’ve noticed that when it is a hot day and the PV input exceeds 3.66 Kw the inverter throws error 12 (Leakage current exceeds the allowable range), resets, climbs back up to 3.66 and does it all over again (typically between 9 and 12 in the morning when my PV input is at its peak.)

I have 18 250 W panels. In theory I should be able to harvest a maximum of 4.5 KW

Took it back to Mustek and the PC Board and Power boards were apparently replaced.

Since receiving it back from Mustek for the second time it still throws error 12 when the PV input is optimal. Now however it doesn’t always climb back up to 3.66. Sometimes it will hover around 0.86 KW, sometimes less, sometimes more.

I installed solarpower software last night and this morning saw two warning messages (Power grid frequency exceeds the upper threshold ).

I wanted to increase the frequency upper limit from 50.1 to 51 Hz but it asks for the factory password.

Was wondering if anybody knows the factory password and if they’ve experienced something similar.

• 10 months later...

Good morning members

I have a client who's grid frequency also jumps above the factory set 50.1Hz on the infini hybrid 3kW system. We are losing up to 5% of our grid tie due to this, been in contact with my local mustek technicians but still waiting for the factory password from them. Can anyone please advise what this password is please? 

Thanks for the help, appreciated!

• 1 year later...

Hi I also need the factory password for the infinisolar 3k plus,

Or Is there new firmware I could load that could solve my problem of a 50.3 Hz frequency erratic fluctuations from  49.9 to 50.3 Hz , I wouldn't like to void my warranty at this point .

I purchased the unit this year , But that doesn't mean its that latest firmware ? How do i tell ?

This is the problem we are going to face soon ,

From : https://www.dnvgl.com/cases/the-german-50-2-hz-problem-80862

"the implementation of this interface protection rule at a fixed 50.2 Hz, unwittingly instigated an instantaneous loss of generation that can be significantly larger than the balancing power available Europe-wide for primary frequency control, rendering the overall system unstable."

we are going to cause our own problems by having all these inverters switching at the same Frequency .. unloading and loading the grid at the same time , We just need to get to critical mass ..  a whole bunch of Inverters( 1000 or more etc in an area  switching off or on at the same time .. not good for a grid .. )

regards IOTGuru.

Edited by IOT guru

On 2019/03/05 at 1:25 AM, IOT guru said:

I purchased the unit this year , But that doesn't mean its that latest firmware ?

No. It just depends on how long the unit has been stored in a warehouse, either in China or with your reseller, or both.

Voltronic Power used to be great with making all the latest firmware updates available. But the appearance of many clone manufacturers shut all that down. End users suffer as a result, because they don't get the latest firmware updates.

How do i tell ?

You can easily tell what firmware you are running, from either your monitoring software, or from an LC Display option.

But now it's hard to find out what the latest firmware is, since they're no longer published.

Even when the firmware updates were readily available, the manufacturer never (to my knowledge) published release notes, so you don't know if it's worth performing an update or not. About all you can do is post what your current firmware version is, and ask if anyone has any later than that. If you have a specific issue, ask them if it seems to be fixed in their version. If so, you have a case to ask for a firmware update from your provider. Since the arrival of the clones, they seem to be quite reluctant to provide any firmware updates, so you'll need a good reason.

My experience is mostly with the Axpert off-grid models, but I'm pretty sure the situation is the same with the Infini hybrid models.

Edited by Coulomb
typo, added ", or both"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi , Hernancalcagno 

and others that may have the 50.1 Hz issue with Infinisolar , The way I resolved it was after a deep dive into the setting I found that:

If you Enable Wide AC input range . it will open up the frequency range on incoming AC and the constant disconnecting and reconnecting when the grid frequency is not 50.9 Hz and below stops . And you dont need to void your warranty with a factory password.

I hope this resolves the 50.1 Hz issue , I found my system is stable for 5 months now since i changed that setting .

regards Jarrod IOTguru

Later

Infinisolar Frequency Issue 50hz.png

• 2 months later...

IOTguru

First of all thank you very much for the answer.
It works perfect for now.
Now I need to change another value, the reconnection time, which the Argentine law will have to be 180 seconds, and for this it also asks me for a factory code.
For the guarantee there is no problem since the same expires.
Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Sorry for writing again in this post but I'm trying to solve my problem with the inverter and I think some of you already solved it.

I have a fuel generator connected to my inverter and the frequency it produces, is slightly out of the margins indicated in the inverter. The inverter is not connected to the grid, so it has no influence with nothing external to my house and i'm wondering why I can't change this frequency parámeters.

If some of you is so kind to tell me the factory password, so I can change the frequency limits, I'll be very happy and grateful

Thank you.

Very easy. When I started building my house it was planned to connect to a future electric line, to be built by the electric company.

Now this line is not a priority for the electric company and the construction has been posponed without known date. So by the moment I don't have the possibility to connect to this line, but i knew that once I built my house and bought all the solar system. Luckily I have the 5.5kW version and enough panels and batteries to be more or less independent, but after a few cloudy days The batteries are not able to supply the needed energy and I would like to be able to charge them with a fuel generator. The one I have produces a frequency over the limits the inverter is programmed so I can't charge the batteries with the generator 😣

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019/09/13 at 10:08 PM, FranMarques said:

Hi guys.

Sorry for writing again in this post but I'm trying to solve my problem with the inverter and I think some of you already solved it.

I have a fuel generator connected to my inverter and the frequency it produces, is slightly out of the margins indicated in the inverter. The inverter is not connected to the grid, so it has no influence with nothing external to my house and i'm wondering why I can't change this frequency parámeters.

If some of you is so kind to tell me the factory password, so I can change the frequency limits, I'll be very happy and grateful

Thank you.

HI , there is a setting Generator as power.  I have never used it although it may give you more Frequency leeway on the power coming in but if you have a grid tie setting it may remove outgoing power to Generator which I think is a good thing , No of this is confirmed maybe if you try it you can report back and let us know it worked , 

Generator source .png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...