PV Output Team - Southern Africa

Mark

So, what is everyone using on a 24/7 basis to monitor their inverters and upload stats to the internet? I only have a bunch of old PC's laying around which consume 300W+ power (I checked on the axpert!) and my laptop is in use, on the road, most of the day so it doesn't help much. 

An ordinary PC but as you have gathered I am not looking to be frugal with consumption. It is a issue at night but hardly. Total overnight draw once we have gone to bed is between 250W and 400W if the deep freeze and fridges come on at the same time, but a base draw of 250W which is not a crisis in my books.

1 hour ago, Chris Hobson said:

An ordinary PC but as you have gathered I am not looking to be frugal with consumption. It is a issue at night but hardly. Total overnight draw once we have gone to bed is between 250W and 400W if the deep freeze and fridges come on at the same time, but a base draw of 250W which is not a crisis in my books.

My house also runs about 300W at night, without an extra PC running and I don't really want to add 300W to the existing load. 

I would like to run a Raspberry Pi but since there's no rPi software for the Axpert yet, this will have to wait. 

1 hour ago, SilverNodashi said:

I would like to run a Raspberry Pi but since there's no rPi software for the Axpert yet, this will have to wait. 

The Rpi project here on PowerForum is a open source collaboration, for the forums benefit.

Myself, Plonkster and SolarMon are keen supports, so it will take care of Victron, Monringstar AND Voltronics in the end.

So jump in and help to keep it open source collaboration, therefor free:D

I'm bogged down with lack of sleep (kids!) and had guests over the weekend. In addition, internet outages both at home and at work since Friday. Hasn't been a good weekend for making software. In addition, I'm way overthinking this csv export module, because it needs to do sliding windows with average, min, max calculations to be useful. That bit is implemented... so we're getting there.

I'm very happy with the latest Rpi image. I have the firewall, networking issues solved at last, so I think that's ready for letting it out in the wild and allowing others to develop on it. I'm hoping that someone is going to write an axpert module for it.

Edit: When I say I'm happy with the latest image, I mean the one that is unreleased sitting on the Rpi in my garage!

33 minutes ago, The Terrible Triplett said:

Ja ek doen. Cost?

Het hom verniet gekry. Ou werk-stuff wat uitgegooi is. So al wat dit jou gaan kos is 'n trip hierdie kant toe, SD-kaart, en jou toekomstige betrokkenheid :-)

Deal! Toekomstige betrokkenheid, man, ek het ding hier begin so om NOU uit te trek ... ;):D

Kan ek cheecky wees en vra dat hy dalk die software opkry wat jy develop vir Victron, as dit reg vir release is?

Dan kan ek dit begin toets.

Want ek vermoed 'n Pi2B of selfs die 3b gaan overkill wees, NET vir data lees.

I'm getting little cloud-edge spikes today. My 900W array has been doing this this morning, see attached screen shot (this is what Blue Lantern looks like at the moment... hacked together just enough to make it visual). Note the PV gauge doing over 900 watt.

cloud_edge_effect.png

Cloud edge effect in the Karoo too today 3000w topped at 3105w. First time I noticed over 100% production. I always was under the impression that the 17m run between the combiner box and the inverter caused losses which prevented >3000W production. I was mistaken. One good thing about >100% production it tells you your wiring losses are minimal. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...