Mike

Wind Turbines

Hey guys,

do any of you know where i can find either a new or secondhand turbine and controller, 1kw or 1.5kw? i don't want to spend an arm and a leg, just want to play with it and see what it can do for my batteries at night, we have constant breeze blowing off the water around 6m per second

ta

Okay, nobody..... so i went and got myself the agency for the Western Cape and bought myself a 2kw 48v wind turbine, just waiting for the tower to be manufactured and off i go, Assembled the blades today mounted the inverter / charger and load dump unit...

Do you have ball park costings...

Could you use a microcare mppt 40a controller for the turbine. They do have an option for wind but dont know about dump loads... Mine is unused...

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

not sure on that but will enquire, if it has a 3 phase input  it might, however 40amp might be a little low as my distributors 2kw peaks at 4kw  approx 80amp

How is the noise?

What noise?  i still have to install it. the last one i had was a 400w and it was whisper quite......the books say 40db at 50m. i will find out soon enough.

What are the prices and sizes of your turbines, Mike?

from 300w 12v up to 50kw  prices range from R6900 to R2,2mil excl for turbines, plus then controllers, data loggers, variable speed drives..essentially anything solar

Did you sell the 400W unit?

40db at 50m is ok, but who as a 50m yard?

Guess it is just envy talking....

ja returned to supplier a few years back, just did not perform in the residential area - too many trees and buildings....my yard is 30m deep?? so i will surely find out

all the hardware ( electronics) installed, just waiting for my hydraulic monopole to arrive from my fabricators, then quickly galvanizing, pics will be here soon i hope.

this is what the monopole looks like - 2.jpg.f63f89245980aa1aff5a5af3e81acfb7.j

6 hours ago, Chris Hobson said:

Mark you location was tailor made for a turbine - forget turkey nest dams and pelton wheels.

just 1 50kw unit?

On 2016/02/23 at 3:04 PM, Mike said:

all the hardware ( electronics) installed, just waiting for my hydraulic monopole to arrive from my fabricators, then quickly galvanizing, pics will be here soon i hope.

this is what the monopole looks like - 2.jpg.f63f89245980aa1aff5a5af3e81acfb7.j

Hi Mike

Any news and updates... ? ;)