My PV System

Hi Guys, he had a lot to contribute and I miss him. Unfortunately the software guys fight like cats and dogs which is understandable as they put a lot of time into their creations.

Yes he was upset by a fellow member and I am working on getting him back. He had lots to contribute . 

I will have a answer by this evening. sincerely 

Jason

33 minutes ago, Manie said:

You also had a lot in the pi what happened here on the forum. 

I cannot comment on interactions that happens via PM but in my experience the last couple of months Ed has largely kept to himself in the last couple of months and I cannot think of an instance recently where Ed was involved in a public spat.

25 minutes ago, Manie said:

only in your mind. You also tried to take me on. The forum is better without you here always moaning about something !

Ditto Ed may have tried to take you on on in a PM but I have not seen anything (or heard anything for that matter) which I would find untoward. 

I will say I found Jaco's posts interesting and he did make a contribution to the forum but his fanatical promotion of AICC and ensuring that topics did not stray off course got to me. Policing of etiquette is Energy's job and he does it with finesse.

I wish you software types would grow a set. I am getting tired of the drama every couple of months over what is essentially wounded egos.

7 minutes ago, Chris Hobson said:

I cannot comment on interactions that happens via PM but in my experience the last couple of months Ed has largely kept to himself in the last couple of months and I cannot think of an instance recently where Ed was involved in a public spat.

Ditto Ed may have tried to take you on on in a PM but I have not seen anything (or heard anything for that matter) which I would find untoward. 

I will say I found Jaco's posts interesting and he did make a contribution to the forum but his fanatical promotion of AICC and ensuring that topics did not stray off course got to me. Policing of etiquette is Energy's job and he does it with finesse.

I wish you software types would grow a set. I am getting tired of the drama every couple of months over what is essentially wounded egos.

Best post of the day. Thank you. Let's all relax and see the greater good and see what we are creating. Thank you

6 minutes ago, Chris Hobson said:

Correction ! openly here. Also Chris Edd was for months quiet and now suddenly wanted to say bad about a person. This is not on . It is not a election here but a salar forum. Talk about software developers having a drama. I know you and Edd are buds and you also promoted his software.   

If its a forum then why when there is some disagreement do all the posts (including those of other people) get deleted wholesale.

That's not correct or good for the forum.  Once a post is in the public domain then it should be left there.  I have had posts in threads deleted which I wanted to refer back to and now they are gone.  Yes healthy discussion but the whole previous saga and now this is just leaving  bad taste.  

2 minutes ago, Energy said:

I will let you guys hash it out. Lol you guys are giving me anxiety. We need to create the future together. Life is short guys.

J

OK J. Lets talk honestly then - why the sudden Tinkerboy pullout...  didn't see that coming at all.

Things were going well and I was following the EMONCMS thread with interest!!

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

If its a forum then why when there is some disagreement do all the posts (including those of other people) get deleted wholesale.

That's not correct or good for the forum.  Once a post is in the public domain then it should be left there.  I have had posts in threads deleted which I wanted to refer back to and now they are gone.  Yes healthy discussion but the whole previous saga and now this is just leaving  bad taste.  

Agree !!

3 minutes ago, Wetkit said:

While talking about wasted energy, can you guys create a new thread in fight club and take your issues there!?!

Thanks

Good idea..

@Energy - Please move this to a Chaff Thread...  please don't delete without permission... ;) 

Correction ! openly here. Also Chris Edd was for months quiet and now suddenly wanted to say bad about a person. This is not on . It is not a election here but a salar forum. Talk about software developers having a drama. I know you and Edd are buds and you also promoted his software.   

I cannot promote his software because it is in limbo. The website does not appear to work so I would more stupid than Des van Rooyen to promote SolarMon/ SolarWeb when at the moment it appears to be stagnant. I am friends with Ed since I find him mild mannered and Jaco's original AICC hissy I thought was uncalled for. Our friendship grew out of my thinking that Jaco's approach was OTT.

Jaco has elected to leave a whole lot of post which he did not solely contribute to gone and information has disappeared into the ether. Is this going to be repeated on a quarterly basis?

13 minutes ago, Wetkit said:

While talking about wasted energy, can you guys create a new thread in fight club and take your issues there!?!

Thanks

Hi Energy

Can you move this section once the thread starts to stray from Wetkit's original post. I was thinking glad it's not my post. Or are you going to deleted it once everybody has had a chance to throw a hissy.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Good idea..

@Energy - Please move this to a Chaff Thread...  please don't delete without permission... ;) 

Total waist ,Seems it's sorted !

Energy had it under control it was not necessary to turn this in to a election. I am talking way back Chris when Edd said that your usb was not working. I helped you out with a test app to show its working fine. Then you ask me to help Edd and i said i don't code in Vb. So many times on the forum you said that you use Edd software and it working fine. New member come on the forum then you direct them to his software. Wen I said AICC is great we where starting to have issues. And i was not even developing AICC

Hi Guys

I was requested to delete the valuable information.

The terms of the forum state I dont have too. But out of respect of the member I did.

A LOT of valuable info is missing. I however followed his request out of ethical reasons. Google Down ranks us when a site map goes missing :<

I have a vision for the future. I never brag or promote myself on this forum. I started this in Early 2013, With hosting costs of R2500 pm, I chose a dedicated server for various reasons. So the forum exists on a Xeon processor stacked full of ram for your pleasure. All I want is for members to get a long. I have invited tinker/JDP back, He is a good guy and is very helpful to the other members. Yes he is a bit coarse, But we all have a chip some where,

I will not delete anything anymore. It just hurts everything. Enjoy it and dont rip into each other too much please.

Thank you to you all again.

Sincerely

Jason

Thanks Jason

Its appreciated - you know that.  

I think the principle with any forum holds.  Don't post anything that is of value to you that you don't want to share...   At least that's what all the forums I know hold by.  I wouldn't post my internet banking details here, for example!!

Do you think we should create a "Fight Club" Thread :> hehe

Might be of use to vent. I really wish all Tinkers valuable info could of stayed, I enjoyed it and learnt a lot from it .

But I had to honors the mans request, all tho I did not legally have too.

Im going to add Fight Club. So we dont jam up the threads,

Jay

Energy had it under control it was not necessary to turn this in to a election. I am talking way back Chris when Edd said that your usb was not working. I helped you out with a test app to show its working fine. Then you ask me to help Edd and i said i don't code in Vb. So many times on the forum you said that you use Edd software and it working fine. New member come on the forum then you direct them to his software. Wen I said AICC is great we where starting to have issues. And i was not even developing AICC

I must be as thick as a  plank. I did not realise you had issues with me (not until today that is). I am ever grateful to you for demonstrating that communication via the USB was within reach. That spurred Ed on he was able to solve the communication problem. I like most others have a signature stating what software I use. But I think since @Jaco de Jongh (and he is been on the forum for a while) mentioned that he could not contact SolarMon/Ed I have stopped mentioning SolarMon. I have always tried to mention AICC and SolarMon in the same breath but was finding the continual promotion of AICC at every opportunity tiresome since you and Ed and others had developed your own software.

I still don't feel any animosity towards you and I think Jaco and yourself have taken Axpert software to the next level whilst SolarWeb/SolarMon is on the backburner. Just wish it was without all the drama.