My PV System

No Chris i don't have a issue with you. Not even once. Thanks for your contribution here. I learn a lot.

I also dont like drama at all and will gladly go to make this still a awesome forum.

Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@Energy

I commend you for the forum you have built here, I think it is an invaluable resource to anyone dabbling in solar.

I don't play politics, I really couldn't care less what people think of me or my ideas. But I am a firm believer in justice and transparency and I don't think the whole truth is being told here. Tinker was not the one who threw a tantrum and left as it is being implied. He was banned. I read almost every thread on this forum and I find it hard to see what he did different from most other forum members that earned him that treatment. So maybe we can get a bit more transparency.

If there is no integrity and transparency in how the forum is run I think it will probably be short lived. More and more members who have a lot to contribute will leave.

So, disclosure from my side: except for Mike and Richard Viljoen, I have not met anyone else on this forum personally. I bought and use AICC. It is not perfect but I think this type of software is a critical tool for anyone with a solar system. I cannot comment on any of the other software, haven't used it. So yes, I communicate with Jaco on improvements of the software and even test it on my Infini 3kW whenever a new version is released but I don't have a dog in this hunt. I don't gain anything from it. In fact, people who's been on this forum long enough would have read my disagreement with Jaco on the commercial model for solar software. We disagreed but neither of us threw a fit about it. Eventually he made his own decision on how to handle his software, as he is free to do.

I think there's stuff happening behind the scenes of the forum which is not disclosed.

As with everything I say on this forum you are welcome to disagree with me or disregard it. And I'm not going to leave the forum or send PM's to try get you banned off the forum so be my guest.

Cobus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Cobus

Nothing at all benind the scenes . I am a man of integrity .  Sometimes we have to take action before all breaks down.

I have personally apologized to tinker and speak highly of him, He will return . 

Everyone is welcome . I have not worked this hard on this to create agendas, I feel that can be confirmed with the quality of this forum and the open vision I have for it since day 1.

Sincerely 

Jason

Thanks Jason.

Cobus there are 2 individuals and one of their friends that are driving an agenda. Ganging up on me and tried their very best to silence me on the forum by getting me banned.   I may still post about it as Jason gave me all the facts. His eyes also was opened and saw that what I was saying from the start was the facts. But to be honest I do not want to drop down to their level of childish behavior. I will let it go and move on. 

The people that matter to me do know the truth. That is all that counts. 

For those who feel that I offended them I am truly sorry. I am passionate about what I do. I have paid the school fees on a lot of projects and try to bring that experience to the table. I only post out of experience. But I guess people need to bump their own heads and pay their own school fees like I did.

I did post a lot about the software we build yes. But in the correct section dedicated to it. As far as I know I made one post outside of my section and that was handled by Jason. He agreed that is the case.  Thus if you don't want to know about it don't read about it. 

I am a bit disappointed on how this thing was handled. Jason did apologize for it and I did accept his apology.  But all the time that went into posting on the forum is now lost. One good thing is that certain people dropped their act and showed their true colors and we now can see what they are trying to do.

Regards JDP aka Tinkerboy aka JDP.

I am fanatical about freedom and the best definition is by Prof George Reisman, author of Capitalism A Treatise in Economics. He defines freedom as " The absence of the initiation of physical force against the individual". So with the banning of Jaco off the forum followed by an invitation for his return, all within a day, freedom was given a blow and then restored. What fruitful purpose was served. The excessive sensitivity of mankind nowadays serves only to limit robust discussion. Should we all complain every time the Blue Brigade crows about their equipment or Jaco posts with enthusiasm about AICC. Let us have people speak their mind subject to the definition of freedom so that the greatest progress possible can be achieved in the shortest time . At my age of 78 that is kind of important to me and let me assure you, with all the evidence on my side, that life is damn short. Don't let it be wasted on infantile squabbles that contributes nothing. Enough said, I might start sounding like some kind of crusader. Let us leave it to Jason as owner and funder of the forum to decide where to draw the line.

15 hours ago, Energy said:

I have a vision for the future. I never brag or promote myself on this forum.

I similarly have a rule where I never delete content I posted even if it makes me look bad. I will delete content if it is unhelpful and makes someone else look bad.

I know I'm one of the "software guys" and I have angered people occasionally. I know I've frustrated the heck out of Silver at least twice. Malice was never intended, I just get... well... passionate. About a LOT of choices I made. Like driving a Toyota, using Linux on my computers, and Blue inverters on the wall. Because that sh*t works! :-P

But as I said in the past, I don't see why any of this needs to preclude a sharing of beers in the future.

Dear all. I want the best for the forum. I wrongly banned JDP as members have agendas againts each other wrt to specific topics. in this case softwares. A few members were able to convince me.After approaching JDP I found him to be honest passionate and true and accurate .  I am unable to follow all the threads and I acted incorrectly.

It is too a learning curve for me how to manage a large group. What  stance I have decided to take is that of a system admin.

What is posted on public domain stays here. My passion to run a perfect forum was my demise . 

I created the forum for you all. I have learned a valuable lesson. From now on all info that is posted stays.

I enjoy reading it all, and now you do have a fight club thread .  hehe.

I will continue to keep the server healthy and continue to build the online store to promote best prices so everyone can go solar.

Sincerely 

Jay

Congratulations on a wise decision @Energy , at least in my view. Now we will know where everyone comes from. It is a good thing when people passionately defend their point of view as it demonstrates that they actually have one, not just repeating the common "wisdom" of the crowd. What is essential though is the grace to admit that you are wrong if so proven factually. Hopefully from whatever will be said in the future, there will emerge some really useful and valuable gems as have happened in the past. The software from different developers, who are members of your forum, already in operation or being created is and will in all possibility all be better than the limited features of something like Watchpower. Also as an Axpert user I have not found control software worth considering from any other source globally. That is indeed a feather in the cap for local software developers.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:00 PM, Mark said:

If its a forum then why when there is some disagreement do all the posts (including those of other people) get deleted wholesale.

That's not correct or good for the forum.  Once a post is in the public domain then it should be left there.  I have had posts in threads deleted which I wanted to refer back to and now they are gone.  Yes healthy discussion but the whole previous saga and now this is just leaving  bad taste.  

I gotta say, this is probably the only forum in the world, where if two parties don't agree on something, they throw hissyfits and delete everything. All of it. Every single bit. So melodramatic. 

10 hours ago, Energy said:

Dear all. I want the best for the forum. I wrongly banned JDP as members have agendas againts each other wrt to specific topics. in this case softwares. A few members were able to convince me.After approaching JDP I found him to be honest passionate and true and accurate .  I am unable to follow all the threads and I acted incorrectly.

It is too a learning curve for me how to manage a large group. What  stance I have decided to take is that of a system admin.

What is posted on public domain stays here. My passion to run a perfect forum was my demise . 

I created the forum for you all. I have learned a valuable lesson. From now on all info that is posted stays.

I enjoy reading it all, and now you do have a fight club thread .  hehe.

I will continue to keep the server healthy and continue to build the online store to promote best prices so everyone can go solar.

Sincerely 

Jay

What server software do you run on? Is there no backup, of the previous 2 days, that you can restore, even to a sub folder, and re-create Jaco's posts? A LOT of it was valuable and should not have been removed, regardless of who said what

• 2 months later...