InfiniSolar Super 4 kw

Groenkaroo

After reading a lot of forums about all the different inverter options I still can't find the perfect solution for my circumstances. I have a family of 6, so we need quite a lot of electricity. I want to start off with a grid-tie option and want to progress to off-grid later on. Further I want to be able to expand in the future. It seems like every hybrid inverter has this one major shortcoming, for instance:

Infini 3 kw Plus - to small

Imeon 3 kw - fan problems (see a lot of specials on them lately, make you wonder why)

Infini 5 kw - very expensive and potential fan problems

axpert 5 kVA - not a true hybrid and cannot feed back to grid

Goodwe 5 kw Hybrid - At this stage the most attractive option, only quite expensive and does not have the feed through ability that the Imeon and the Infini have (am I right here?)

Then while surfing Voltronic's website I stumbled over the Infini Super 4 kw inverter. Looking at the specs it seems like the perfect fit for my requirements and it should be a whole lot cheaper than the 5 kw fan popping option http://www.voltronicpower.com/oCart2/files/brochure/InfiniSolar Super_DS.pdf Do anyone know if it will come to South Africa and maybe when? Unlike the Infini 3 kw you can parallel the 4 kw unit which gives you the option to expand to 8 kw or more. Would appreciate any comments.

Hey Groenkaroo,

welcome to the forum.

what do you mean by: feed through ability on the goodwe? not sure i understand it?

i run to goodwe's to a split dB, they have the ability to supply the load from "eskom, pv , battery and the ability to return to grid any surplus 

I run off grid with them now, but used to send approx 1mw of energy back to the municipality. The load now is carried by the pv panels and battery. the battery bank is backed up with a 2kw turbine for winter and nighttime.

The Imeon worked well up to 6kw but after six months, fan failures, the Infini 3kw and Plus model work well but also a few failures. My last one the Infini 5kw ( might be the only one ) had after the first month a fan failure. the shocking thing is that the importer MUSTEK has still not sent me a replacement unit....two months waiting....

The goodwe is fanless as is the Renasolar "clone" of the goodwe they work max output is 4600w and they are not capable of parallel connection.

there is my 2c of personal usage

Thanks Mike for you informative reply. Feed through is properly not the right term. What I mean is that as I understand it, you can combine the PV input and the power from the grid with the Imeon to run a load of up to 6 kw while the inverter's output is only 3 kw. I understand you can do the same with the infini inverters but what about the Goodwe? Do you know if the knew Infini super 4 kw is available in SA? I like the fact that you can parallel it.

no worries, the Goodwe is 4600w max per unit, i have got mine to go as far as 5000w then trips, the nice thing is no fans as they have started to become a nightmare with regards to call outs.

I do not know of anyone bringing them in yet. if anyone it is  going to be Mustek / Rectron. you might find one or two smaller guys bring some in, but i doubt it now as the market is kinda slow. I will chat with Voltronic power next week and enquire if any have come to S.A.

I see the SMA Sunny Boy 5000's price has come down a lot recently, they are also fanless and from my research quite decent units. Perhaps worth a look at them, a lot cheaper than the ifini 5k, close to R20k cheaper atm.

I see the SMA Sunny Boy 5000's price has come down a lot recently, they are also fanless and from my research quite decent units. Perhaps worth a look at them, a lot cheaper than the ifini 5k, close to R20k cheaper atm.

Where did you get prices from?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Don't know about the oasis however the Powerstar is rugged and based on the speed they answered my queries problems should be quickly sorted..also fully compatible with the Blue Nova lithium batteries.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just to mention as well - the "newer" version of the Infinisolar (Called Infisisolar V) also supports parallel for the 3 highest models:

http://www.voltronicpower.com/oCart2/index.php?route=product/product&path=24&product_id=172

Can't seem to find pricing local, perhaps somebody knows if they are going to be available? It seems the 5KW+ is expensive because of a few unique features, (perhaps the amount of DC In?)  but two of  InfiniSolar V-4K-48  in Parallel would work perfect for me - if the price works of course.

A lot of new models on the Voltronic site. The Infinisolar V specs look a lot like the  Axpert on the PV side or is it just me? E.g. the Infinisolar V 5K and the Axpert 5kVA has very similar voltage ranges for VOC and MPPT. On my Infinisolar 3kW+ the voltages on the PV side is a lot higher.

Are these just a new name for the Axpert range? Are they full hybrid?

Or maybe I'm missing something...

Seams to me the Infini V range is only an Axpert that can back-feed into the grid like a normal hybrid or grid-tie inverter. Has anyone got experience with the  INGECON SUN STORAGE 1Play 6 kw Hybrid inverter from Ingeteam? It is made in Spain and seems to be more powerful than the Infini 5 kw with a lower price tag. They seem to be available in South Africa