Solar geyser system

Haggers

Hi guys

Need some help to trouble shoot. Bought a new place which has the geyser connected to geyserwise and solar flatplate and thermo siphon. at the moment, there is no correlation between the temp on the geyserwise and what is coming out the geyser? this means my electricity tops up geyser even of not needed. possible thermostat issue or siphon not working ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Haggers said:

HAs anyone combined flat panel and evacuated tubes?  Reason I ask is that I have a current flat panel that does not seem effective, so just checking if this can be expanded with EV tubes?

Thanks

Good question. I'm in the same situation. I have a lack of roof space though, so I'll likely swap one for the other.

• 4 weeks later...

Late reply but yes. In principal, it will work fine. If on a thermosyphon system, care must be taken to retain the 'heat rises' rule in the way the panels are set out. In a pumped system, I would pump the water into the flat plate first and then into the evac manifold. I would put the sensor in the evac manifold as it would get hottest.