Tripping my DB

Antonio de Sa

3 hours ago, Antonio de Sa said:

I have two 5 Kva Growatt inverters and 12 X 400 W panels and 1 X 100 AH lithium battery. The problem I have is when I switch off any of the inverters, trips my 63 Amp breaker in the main DB, even tough there is basically no load.

Are these two grow watts on two seperate phases?

The two inverters are feeding a 220 V  single phase + neutral to my DB, they are working as master/ slave configuration.

From my DB 63 A earth leakage I fee 220 V to the inverter via a 63 Amp double pole and a change over switch, in order for me to change to mains or solar whenever necessary.

The inverters 220 V output goes via the change over switch to 63 Amp earth leakage back to my DB busbar.

Maybe this configuration is not the ideal.

16 minutes ago, Antonio de Sa said:

The two inverters are feeding a 220 V  single phase + neutral to my DB, they are working as master/ slave configuration.

From my DB 63 A earth leakage I fee 220 V to the inverter via a 63 Amp double pole and a change over switch, in order for me to change to mains or solar whenever necessary.

The inverters 220 V output goes via the change over switch to 63 Amp earth leakage back to my DB busbar.

Maybe this configuration is not the ideal.

So this sounds fine, when you are on eskom, is the inverter being supplied(or charged) with an earth leakage breaker on its input? 

If so, i believe the inverter IN should not be protected by an earth leakage circut breaker. 

Just now, Antonio de Sa said:

The mains feed is from a 63 Amp earth leakage, so you recommend i feed the inverters from a 63 Amp double pole MCB not from the main board earth leakage.

My instalation has power from Main Breaker, then to an apropriately sized (Inverter In breaker).  earth leakage is then on the output facing the loads.

I hope someone can clarify that this is the best way to do it.