Rant: SolarMD'S Logger V2 - its very unreliable!

<Okay just a rant>  I've been happy with their batteries so far. But their logger and software update process however is a full on disaster. One basically can't rely on SolarMD for meaningful stats and logs. Also I don't think they test before doing software updates - i've last summer's data/logs (three months worth) basically disappear when they did an update. Also no warning or notice to customers before said software updates. Currently now the dashboard is showing wonky data, ie +-90 kilowatts continuous draw (wtf?).... and I apparently consumed 5.3k worth of electricity today.. hahaha. guess their devs been playing on the live environment again 🙄.

649349020_2021-10-1118_54_43-Window.thumb.png.8e32da57adc51d18f21c5b275d557c68.png

Luckily I have SolarAssistant plugged in to the second inverter and am able to see system's status. Oh yeah - had  to purchase SolarAssistant  as SolarMD doesn"t have API I can use for HomeAssistant/NodeRed.

Sorry for the rant. I'll relax now.

I really have to agree with you on this. Their hardware and quality is great. They have obviously tried to be skant on the Logger and software side of things. I had the 7.4kWh battery myself with this logger. I pulled my hair out trying to use their Ai tech to get the Axpert to work properly. 

I engaged with them on numerous occasions and they basically did not accept the feedback and in the end I sold the battery. I mean you pay close to R4K for that piece of Logger kit. Great battery poor tech rollout and poor system integration on a very simple machine to control like an Axpert. Pi3 and Solar Assistant many months later, my humble Axpert re-invented in the palm of my hands and im sat thousands of miles out of SA. If only big companies took care of the smaller guy.

The smaller guy makes or breaks your street cred!! 

I'm in same boat here.. I feel for the sales speel.. Logger cost over 4k and just works for battery.. Not inverters, not weather stations etc like they state. That's a very over price bms. 

This morning the bms allowed the lithium battery to deplete to 0%!  Even though inverter was set to 15%.

No response from solarmd CEO. 

Very disappointing. 

I have 2x 7.4 SolarMD batteries and the V2 Logger which I use with MicroCare's inverter and MPPT's. It works well although I get an inballance between the 2 batteries i.t.o. battery capacity % from time to time with both battery voltages very close to each other. A quick WA to them and problem is sorted. The longest I have waited for a response was 3 hours. I get support 24/7. 

Edited by LouisT

Hi LouisT

There is no issue with battery hardware. Just the so called add on logger V2 is what is seriously in doubt of a good purchase. 

They are good at support with the hardware. They just neglected the Logger V2 as a product especially when there are queries from clients. 

I have been there done that.