Data loss

ZSLJV

Question

Good day everybody

I’ve had serious lightning damage to my 5kVA Fivestar inverter and 4.8kW Ultra Energy Lithium-Ion battery and was repaired by local supplier. After the installation of the latter there is a data loss between 11-10-2021 and 13-10-2021. Attached a copy of the datasheet.

Is this an indication of a faulty inverter data storage or the inverter itself? I have my doubts about the repairs because the battery was able to carry the load through the night whilst it is now reverting to the Eskom grid on a regular basis during the night.

I might add that there is a communication loss also on a regular basis.

Thanks

Data Loss.jpg

Edited by ZSLJV

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, ZSLJV said:

Attached a copy of the datasheet.

I notice that the serial number is the generic number (5535553...). Was it always that number? If so, this is likely a clone.

If not, it was probably not completely repaired, and I'm concerned that you might run into fault code 90 in a couple of months.

2 hours ago, ZSLJV said:

I might add that there is a communication loss also on a regular basis.

This is likely the source of the problem. The inverter doesn't have space to store data logging; that occurs in the PC, so when comms are interrupted, logging can't happen.

Thanks for your response Coulomb. Unfortunately I do not have the original number. I've looked at my previous exported datasheets, but nothing there. The suppliers just responded that they replaced the old motherboard with a new and upgraded one which cannot communicate with the old software. To overcome the latter I'm preparing an old laptop to install Raspberry Pi 4 software and hopefully that will solve my problem. I need some "evidence" if anything happen especially in vie that I'm a total novice.