Inverter trips earth leakage on DB

Karelk

Good day all. I have a portable inverter setup that trips the earth leakage in my DB. Can anyone maybe assist. Not sure if it could be the settings that need to be adjusted. It is a 3kva 24v Inverter. 

IMG_20211023_080603.jpg

Edited by Karelk

58 minutes ago, Karelk said:

I have a portable inverter setup that trips the earth leakage in my DB

Did this unit work before or is it the first time start up? Also is the two neutrals “ in & out” separated or joined?

I doubt it has to do with any settings, it can be a very sensitive earth leakage or one of those cables you use is faulty or even the inverter is faulty.

Looking at the picture ... 2 reason why it would trip the earth leakage ... the unit is faulty or you have bonded the earth and neutral. 

If you test the output voltage you should get a floating voltage of around 80 volts neutral to earth on the output ... if not ... it means the earth and neutral is bonded and there is no way you can plug the unit into  a wall socket outlet without it tripping the earth leakage unit. 

49 minutes ago, Karelk said:

Hi first time startup.

One thing to double check is that the correct model for 230VAC or 120VAC input. Also battery voltage 12/24 or 48VDC. Maybe try to power it on another power source like the Neighbour just to confirm your earth leakage is ok.