Axpert Inverter: Error 52

Moluh Deredd

i am working on a 6000kw inverter that is now reading on error 52( bus voltages too low). i did changed the capacitors at the ac section and it is still reading at error 52. when it comes on, the current goes to 201 and keep dropping down util the error 52 shows.

What can i done to solve such problem?? 

20211102_154224.jpg

1 hour ago, Moluh Deredd said:

i am working on a 6000kw inverter

Do you mean 5000 W?

when it comes on, the current goes to 201 and keep dropping down util the error 52 shows.

Do you mean the bus voltage goes to 201 VDC?

I've not come across that behaviour. Usually if the bus voltage can't get high enough, you'll get fault code 09 (bus soft start failed). So I'd say what is happening is that the bus soft start circuit is able to get the bus voltage up high enough, but the battery-to-bus DC-DC is faulty and can't maintain the bus voltage.

What can i done to solve such problem?? 

You'll have to get it repaired. If you are handy with electronics, you might be able to fix it yourself. There are partial schematic traces and repair stories here.

6 hours ago, Moluh Deredd said:

So what do you think causes error 57 and 53. As one reads current sensor failed 57 and 53 inverter soft start failed. 

My notes say that fault code 57 is caused by more than 10 A of DC current offset in any of output current, inverter current, or current share Current Transformers. Two of those aren't designed to detect DC at all, so it may mean that this is an indication that it's the sense circuitry that is faulty, not necessarily actual DC component in the current.

Inverter soft start seems to be where they gradually increase the inverter AC voltage amplitude with no load connected. It's not clear to me without further study what has to go wrong for the inverter soft start to fail. Inverter soft start fail is quite different to bus soft start fail, but I'd say it would likely be the full-bridge IGBTs or their gate drive circuit.

Sorry, I don't have time for the further study of either of these right now. Hopefully the above might nudge you in the right direction.

6 hours ago, Moluh Deredd said:

Have you come across such problems like this?? 

No, these seem to be rare problems. Congratulations, I guess 🥴

Edited by Coulomb

thank you so much!!

I once had another problem with a hybird inverter that just come on and when the relay clicked. It goes off. i did disconnected the line going to the MPPT charger controller and it is now coming on standy but goes on error 09. when connected 

it comes on and goes off. 

what do think would be the problems??

i did checked the DC mosfets and they are all good 

Hello Coulomb!!

I am working on an inverter that has error 53. 

It firstly had a shorts. when i put it on, and the relay at the mppt charge controller clicked. it goes off. i did checked the dc transistors and Ac transistors. They are all correct. following the TX7 location. i did disconnected a diode like SMc connecting the T350 five drivers and it will come on and displayed error 53. 

what do you think is the problem?? 

20211122_183736.png

On 2021/11/19 at 8:41 AM, Moluh Deredd said:

it comes on and goes off

That sounds like a power supply problem. I've heard of a unit that had been butchered, turns out someone had replaced the resistor in the source lead of the MOSFET with one of the wrong value. So I guess it could be a resistor with a bad value due to age and/or heat. These are ~2 watt through-hole resistors, usually less than one ohm in value.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Moluh Deredd said:

what causes an inverter to have error 53??

That's "inverter soft start failed". My understanding is that the inverter is slowly ramped up in voltage, with some tests done along the way. If the output is declared bad in some measurable way (for example, it doesn't cross zero in an appropriate window of time), then fault code 53 is asserted.

This could be caused by failure of the main inverter (as in DC-AC converter, not the whole unit), e.g. failed IGBT, gate driver, perhaps some associated measurement circuit. In rare cases it could be the Digital Signals Processor that generates the Pulse Width Modulation signal, or the Darlington transistor buffer chip on the control board.

4 hours ago, Moluh Deredd said:

How do you think i can solve error 07 problem? 

Fault code 07 is "overload timeout". It is asserted when the inverter decides it has

* 110% power for 10.5s, or

* 150% power for 5.5s, or

* 200% power for 0.5s.

Assuming that you're not actually overloading your inverter, there presumably must be something wrong with the circuit that measures the load. That's usually a current transformer. Sometimes the burden resistor burns out, e.g. this poster was able to fix fault code 07. Sadly, the images in that post are not working.

Edited by Coulomb

• 6 months later...
19 hours ago, Tokollo said:

My solar always display error 52,

So that's "bus voltage too low", assuming some sort of Axpert inverter (whatever the brand name). I've not come across that one.

Do you know how to safely measure the bus voltage?

Or how to send a command to read the bus voltage? Maybe your monitoring software displays it somewhere?

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator2 changed the title to Axpert Inverter: Error 52
  • 4 months later...

Hello. First time here. I have am VMII PLUS 5.5kw inverter. It was working for a few days,just solar and grid,no battery,all fine until one night when I saw it show that power was still coming from solar which was impossible, I disconnected the solar and still receiving power from solar, clearly something wrong. I turned off the inverter and on again just to see error 53. Before I had error 06 or 09 and for that I replaced the 2 IGBT on mppt solar board and worked until error 53. I checked all IGBT on motherboard and all are ok, resistors diodes. I can't find anything wrong,no burn marks,no swelling capacitors. Can anyone point me to wright direction?

2 hours ago, Ciprian said:

Before I had error 06 or 09 and for that I replaced the 2 IGBT on mppt solar board and worked until error 53.

Wow, this seems like a fault-prone clone.

So fault code 53 is inverter soft start failed; that means when it slowly ramped up the inverter voltage in 5 VAC steps, something went wrong or was out of specification.

Is it possible to watch the output voltage when starting up on a digital storage oscilloscope? That might provide some clues.

I will do this today, it is probably made from parts because when I disassemble it i saw some burn mark on the case but the motherboard doesn't have any. Can I power it up outside the case with all the wiring done?btw I don't have batteries to try to start it only with batteries as the manual says to do when the error 53 appears 

11 hours ago, Ciprian said:

Can I power it up outside the case with all the wiring done?

It can be done, but I would not take it out of the case for this test. Disconnect all loads, make sure that your DSO probe is rated for at least 400 V, use the x10 position, and don't connect the earth lead of the DSO to anything (it's already referenced to earth well enough for high voltage measurements).

You will need the battery connected for this test, as the manual says. Otherwise, there is nothing powering the DC bus, and you need that to test the DC-AC converter (the "inverter proper").

I manage to solve the problem. as I said I had error 06 and 09 and last one 53. tested on battery only it power up and after a few seconds when a relay clicks,the inverter is shutting down instantly. The problem was on the mmpt solar board,the current transformer had a shorted SMD capacitor. Replaced it with 100nF and it started and I saw it was producing power from battery. I will assemble it, connect to grid and wait for the sun. Does anyone know if it is ok to wire up to grid L,N and Earth to socket? Or I need a separate earth rod to connect to input(which is connected to case also)

1 hour ago, Ciprian said:

Does anyone know if it is ok to wire up to grid L,N and Earth to socket?

Yes, although with the larger inverters, there is the chance that the extra earth leakage through EMI capacitors will trip your Residual Current Device.

57 minutes ago, Ciprian said:

so it does not matter if earth is bonded with neutral or separate(like a rod burried in my yard with no connection to neutral)?

Earth must be bonded to neutral at exactly one place. Otherwise, your residual current devices will not work reliably. But every socket in the house should have that bond, should it not?