Sunsynk/Hubble AM2

Leshen

6 hours ago, system32 said:

What's the kWp of your panels, as that may be the limit. 155A * 53.47V (charge) = 8,287W.

Is that OK for an 8kW inverter?

16 x 540w panels. 

I'm not sure I understand your question, what is ok for an 8kw inverter?

1 hour ago, Leshen said:

16 x 540w panels. 

I'm not sure I understand your question, what is ok for an 8kw inverter?

You have 16 x 540W=8640W so you could produce in excess of 8000W. 
Setting charge to 155A will limit charge to 155A * 53.47V = 8287W
My question was: Is it OK to push 8287W into an 8kW inverter?
I just checked the specs and the inverter is rated higher than this for PV and DC.

Edited by system32

13 hours ago, system32 said:

You have 16 x 540W=8640W so you could produce in excess of 8000W. 
Setting charge to 155A will limit charge to 155A * 53.47V = 8287W
My question was: Is it OK to push 8287W into an 8kW inverter?
I just checked the specs and the inverter is rated higher than this for PV and DC.

Remember the 8000w rating on the Sunsynk is a DC to AC limitation. DC being panels, batteries or a combination of both.

The DC to DC converter (panels to batteries) has a limitation of 185A at 50V. So if the panels produced 9000w at 450V, that's 20A. What the DC to DC converter will do is reduce the voltage to 50V and increase the current to 180A to give you 9000w which is still below the 185A limitation on the DC to DC converter. 

The Sunsynk also has a TRU (Transformer Rectifier Unit) which gives the inverter the ability to take AC power (Grid) and rectify that into DC power to charge the battery bank at a max of 185A at approx 50V. 

Even if I set the charge and discharge current to 185A, the inverter will only take a max of 8000w as this is it's DC to AC limitation. Note, battery C rating also has its own limitation. 

Also remember that the voltage of 53.47V isn't a constant as when the capacity of the battery reduces during discharging, the voltage will reduce which will increase the current. 

Regards