Pylontech UP2500 2.4kWh 24v Battery... can it be put in series to make 48v?

Moffat

Currently I have a 24v 3Kva system and my Gel batteries have reached End Of Life (EOL). So I am replacing them with a Pylontech UP2500 24v 2.4kWh battery pack and as funds permit add another one in the new year (2022). Again funds permitting am then looking to upgrade my wiring to be able to support 48v and then get a new inverter, preferable a Victron Multiplus or a Sunsynk 5kva 48v inverter.

Once I get the inverter at 48v, ideally would still want to utilize my Pylontech UP2500 instead of getting rid of them as they may be difficult to dispose of, hence the above question. Kindly help and assist... anyone, thanks.

Had a UP2500 and also had the same question as I wanted to head to a 48v config. All indications pointed me to it not being able to connect in series. Sold it. For way too cheap. I have since though seen a few offshore ads where they market 2 of the UP2500 as a 48v bank, so it actually does seem possible. I'm still bummed out for selling mine :D

Edited by JoeyhZA

On 2021/11/18 at 8:05 AM, JoeyhZA said:

Had a UP2500 and also had the same question as I wanted to head to a 48v config. All indications pointed me to it not being able to connect in series. Sold it. For way too cheap. I have since though seen a few offshore ads where they market 2 of the UP2500 as a 48v bank, so it actually does seem possible. I'm still bummed out for selling mine :D

Sorry to hear that, thanks for the response.

• 1 year later...
On 2021/11/18 at 8:05 AM, LumexClipsal said:

Can you perhaps share a link on this?

"I have since though seen a few offshore ads where they market 2 of the UP2500 as a 48v bank"