Sunsynk Tripping Pre-paid meter

Shortcircuit

I have two 5,5kVA Synsynks installed in master/slave configuration with SolarMD batteries.  The systems have been running for over 170 days and up until mid October ran without a hiccup.  In October the firmware was upgraded over the air (by Sunsynk) from e417 to e419 MCU3366.  Since the upgrade I have noted that the units will not draw the set minimum power from the grid and this randomly changes from positive to negative and occasionally the prepaid meter (Conlog BEC23) trips.   There is nothing connected to the Grid input after the CT coil.  All load is connected to the UPS output.  Nothing is connected to the Aux/Generator input.

The Sunsynk also shows random amounts of power being fed to the Grid input before the CT coil although there is nothing there that can consume power.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could have gone wrong?

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-18 at 18.21.13 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-18 at 18.21.13 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-18 at 18.21.13 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-18 at 18.21.13 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-18 at 18.21.13.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-18 at 18.21.13 (5).jpeg

Hi,

I am also new to this environment and experiencing the same symptoms. See my post "Sunsynk 8kw - ability to maintain zero export power". I received comments and suggestions, and, maybe you can find your answer there.

BTW, I am still running on the previous version of the firmware so it may not be the upgrade you did that causes this.

Although no one has suggested it, I somehow feel that it could have something to do with the CT coil. Perhaps they stop working properly....although at night and early morning, it does what it is intended to do, in my case, it happens on low load and after it was working hard, i.e. delivering 6-7KW of power from PV for 4-5 hours (charging geysers, pool pump, charging battery, etc).

Hope this help. I which somehow we could get a Sunsynk response.....

Take Care

26 minutes ago, NicolasM said:

Hi,

I am also new to this environment and experiencing the same symptoms. See my post "Sunsynk 8kw - ability to maintain zero export power". I received comments and suggestions, and, maybe you can find your answer there.

BTW, I am still running on the previous version of the firmware so it may not be the upgrade you did that causes this.

Although no one has suggested it, I somehow feel that it could have something to do with the CT coil. Perhaps they stop working properly....although at night and early morning, it does what it is intended to do, in my case, it happens on low load and after it was working hard, i.e. delivering 6-7KW of power from PV for 4-5 hours (charging geysers, pool pump, charging battery, etc).

Hope this help. I which somehow we could get a Sunsynk response.....

Take Care

I agree, a response from Sunsynk would be great.  I have emailed them directly and they requested photos of my config.  I sent them the ones attached to this post but since then - nothing. 

I read the comments about the CT coil in your post but I have replaced the CT coil completely (with the spare that I have from the Slave unit) but it did not help.

A bit stumped as irrespective of the settings, the unit continues to export power randomly which results in the meter tripping.

My problem also first surfaced when the batteries reached 100% charge and I then set the Grid Trickle Feed to 100W (up from 40W) but to no avail.  The trickle feed from the grid just varies around between randomly between 128W and -150W as it wishes.  It seems that the control is nonexistent.

I see that the comments against your post seem to have missed the point of your post and tend to focus on everything else in your settings except the Grid Trickle Feed.

• 2 months later...
On 2021/11/25 at 10:54 AM, Shortcircuit said:

My problem also first surfaced when the batteries reached 100% charge and I then set the Grid Trickle Feed to 100W (up from 40W) but to no avail.  The trickle feed from the grid just varies around between randomly between 128W and -150W as it wishes.  It seems that the control is nonexistent.

I have had a similar problem with a 8 KW unit over-shooting the 50W trickle feed function with what seems to be too much into the grid, when big loads are switch off it back feeds up to 1700W into the grid it stabilizes after a few seconds but I would like to know if this is normal behavior of the 8 KW. It has a normal disc spinning KWH meter that does not trip, it just turns back a bit but if meter is upgraded to a electronic meter I am worried it might become a bigger problem. Is this normal behavior of Sunsynk or could it be improved with software upgrade?

I know my own 5KW unit also occasionally overshoot but it has not been a major problem so far. 

9 hours ago, Scubadude said:

Gerrie my guess is either you did not tick the right export settings or your CT coil.is fitted the wrong way round.

To me it seems like everything works correct, but just the back feed to grid that seems to high for a few seconds before it goes back to 50W again. I noticed this when switching of Air-con loads. This is a photo of the normal screen showing the 50W and all looks ok to me.B1A6F6F9-4FD1-41D8-93A3-0B4DE847EB69.thumb.jpeg.9a7e0cf8416bf0ec18d3e5717c1f5348.jpeg

• 1 month later...