King inverter

Hi there

I'm in the process of upgrading my load shedding backup batt/inverter system. I'm looking at the Kodak inverters mentioned here and I have two new Pylon UP2500 batteries that will be used with he new inverter. What are the essential differences between a Kodak KING 24v 3000w unit and the Kodak VM111 3000w unit? And which of these are recommended. I want to basically backup for load shedding. The load during load shedding varies between 200 and 1500W (mostly around the 500W range) as I've split the DB with plugs and lights fed from the the inverter and the rest from ESKOM, with a changeover switch that allows the entire DB to be supplied by ESKOM. I am planning to have a suitable PV array installed as well. I've also heard that the KING is a better choice for power saving and battery longevity. 

Looking forward to your assistance.

Thanks

Pat

1 hour ago, Pat said:

What are the essential differences between a Kodak KING 24v 3000w unit and the Kodak VM111 3000w unit?

King is 145 V max PV, the VM III is I think 500 V (might be 450 or 400 V).

King has double conversion; VM III does not.

Both can blend utility power with PV/battery power, although doing it very differently.

King cannot burp power back to utility, VM III might.

King can be paralleled, VM III not.

VM III fan control is crude, King less so.

I'm also not sure what the use case for 24 volt inverters vs 48 volt inverters. 

On the topic of longevity the "king" vs "value model" I would say manufacturer was clear on which one they spent less on.

I will also refrain from making any recommendations. 😆