Fluke 1587 Insulation Tester Sold

profa

Item: Fluke 1587 Insulation Tester
Age: Quite a few years. belonged to my late father-in-law. I don't have the knowledge to use this thing.
Price: R5000 (I see a new one costs R19k+ at RS Components)
Payment Method Accepted: EFT/Cash
Warranty: 7 day personal
Packaging: Has a MajorTech carry bag which is not in the best of shape, but does the job of keeping the tester secure and safe. Will obviously package nicely for shipping in a box.
Condition: Used, but still works in my opinion (as mentioned I don't really know how to use the machine). Has all required leads including the one with the the "test" button on it
Reason: Not an electrician
Shipping: TCG or Postnet. On buyer.
Collection: Yes.
Link: RS Components Link

Edited by profa

Typically, for insulation tester, you'd want one of these instead because it can also test earth leakage, earth impedance, etc..  Whereas the one you are showing is a multimeter first and insulation tester as a bit of a side thought (it appears to me at least).  I'd say you would have more luck selling this to someone looking for a fluke multi-meter than a fluke insulation tester.  Not trying to hurt your sale, I can delete my post if you want.  Just pointing out, maybe "Fluke multimeter with insulation testing ability" may appeal more to the type of potential buyer of this equipment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • profa changed the title to Fluke 1587 Insulation Tester Sold
On 2021/12/09 at 6:08 PM, Gnome said:

Typically, for insulation tester, you'd want one of these instead because it can also test earth leakage, earth impedance, etc..  Whereas the one you are showing is a multimeter first and insulation tester as a bit of a side thought (it appears to me at least).  I'd say you would have more luck selling this to someone looking for a fluke multi-meter than a fluke insulation tester.  Not trying to hurt your sale, I can delete my post if you want.  Just pointing out, maybe "Fluke multimeter with insulation testing ability" may appeal more to the type of potential buyer of this equipment.

At over R40 000 excluding vat ... even I  have been hesitant to upgrade my 1653 ... then there is the problem with the red lead which like most fluke meters have a much better feel than any other meter ... but dont last long ... but if doing  electrical inspections on a daily basis ... I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money 

The fluke meter is the best on the market ... some would argue that megger is the best ... from personal experience with fluke ... they certain live up to their reputation.

Fluke testers like the old 77 are still being used from the 80's

my hands are my lively hood ... I would only trust a fluke meter in some the panels I work.