WITHDRAWN: 2 x Hubble Lithium AM-4 Batteries

GerhardF

Item: 2 x Hubble Lithium AM-4 24V Batteries Plus 1 x RCT Axpert VMiii 3kw 

Price: R30 000 for 2 Batteries. R35000 including RCT Axpert VMiii 3kva. 

Axpert VM3 currently reserved. SOLD

Hubble AM-4 R13 500 per battery.

Payment Method Accepted: EFT/Cash

Warranty: Balance of 10 Year warranty. Warranty is held with original reseller (Power Forum Store). New owner needs to notify Power Forum Store.

Packaging: Batteries In original boxes with DC cables

Condition: As New

Reason: Upgraded to 48v System

Shipping: Yes, on buyer's expense

Collection: Yes

Link:

Batteries:  https://www.hubblelithium.co.za/uploads/1/3/5/0/135079623/hubble_lithium_am-4_pamphlet_v1.5.pdf

Inverter: https://thepowerstore.co.za/products/rct-axpert-vmiii-3kva-inverter-24v-dc-4000w-pv-battery-independant-bms

Edited by GerhardF
Price drop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I edited my post.

Just a question then. I did not buy from hubble but from power forum store. So my invoice is not from hubble. Does the warranty then stay with power forum store as they are then the originional buyer of the equipment with the invoice fron hubble?

1 hour ago, GerhardF said:

I edited my post.

Just a question then. I did not buy from hubble but from power forum store. So my invoice is not from hubble. Does the warranty then stay with power forum store as they are then the originional buyer of the equipment with the invoice fron hubble?

Your first contact will be with powerforum store, but you can always escalate to the manufacturer if you are not having joy with the supplier. But in your case, Hubble does not deal with end users and luckily, you bought from a reputable distributor 

I would assume the warranty only applies to the end user . Powerforum store is a reseller .So you as the end user is the only one that has the warranty and its not transferable. At least that is how i understand it.

Edited by Nexuss

Thank you.

The way I read the hubble warranty is that it is linked to the Hubble pty invoice. Warranty period starts at date of purchase FROM hubble. Warranty doc parapgraph 3. Only resellers will ever get a Hubble invoice. Thus eg Power forum store cannot transfer the warranty.

Very confusing because then no one holds a hubble warranty except resellers.

Thank you for your input!

Where does that leave the warranty transfer issue

warranty is non transferable, you buy used equipment at your own risk. so, if planning to buy used, factor in ''NO WARRANTY'' when you negotiate the price. 

Thank you.

The way I read the hubble warranty is that it is linked to the Hubble pty invoice. Warranty period starts at date of purchase FROM hubble. Warranty doc parapgraph 3. Only resellers will ever get a Hubble invoice. Thus eg Power forum store cannot transfer the warranty.

Very confusing because then no one holds a hubble warranty except resellers.

Hence the need to first contact the supplier with warranty issue. Buy from reputable resellers and you not have to worry 😁

3 hours ago, Gnome said:

The OP is selling AM-4s, this warranty is for the discontinued X-100. I am not saying for sure that the AM-4 warranty is any different, just that @GerhardF may want to query the transferability of the AM-4 warranty with Hubble to be sure.    

3 hours ago, GerhardF said:

I edited my post.

That does not make any sense at all.

😀. I was refering to the text in the hubble warranty. Power forum store has the warranty and thus cannot transfer it to me, the first ' owner' of the batteries.

That is how I read it. I understand all the points made.

Thanks for everyones input. My first post has been changed to reflect no warranty.

2 hours ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

The OP is selling AM-4s, this warranty is for the discontinued X-100. I am not saying for sure that the AM-4 warranty is any different, just that @GerhardF may want to query the transferability of the AM-4 warranty with Hubble to be sure.    

It is very common, that is why I googled their terms and conditions.  Since I buy a lot of electronics, I've run across this before, many times.  Nearly no manufacturers will honour a warranty on transfer of ownership.  Debating around the wording is one thing but I would for sure clarify with Hubble and PowerStore before assuming there is a warranty.  I realise the OP is not trying to be dishonest as he altered his listing.  But when buying second hand it is always important to verify the terms and conditions ahead of time to save yourself some heartache.  There is no law that requires a warranty to be transferrable, as far as I'm aware.

29 minutes ago, Gnome said:

It is very common, that is why I googled their terms and conditions.  Since I buy a lot of electronics, I've run across this before, many times.  Nearly no manufacturers will honour a warranty on transfer of ownership.  Debating around the wording is one thing but I would for sure clarify with Hubble and PowerStore before assuming there is a warranty.  I realise the OP is not trying to be dishonest as he altered his listing.  But when buying second hand it is always important to verify the terms and conditions ahead of time to save yourself some heartache.  There is no law that requires a warranty to be transferrable, as far as I'm aware.

If you want to correct people, that's great, but rather quote the correct facts when you do so. You cannot correct someone by quoting irrelevant documents, it just causes more confusion.

10 minutes ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

If you want to correct people, that's great, but rather quote the correct facts when you do so. You cannot correct someone by quoting irrelevant documents, it just causes more confusion.

Sigh.  You are one of those guys huh.  At no point did I "correct" someone.  I pointed it out as a likely problem.  But you must be right, I must be wrong 🥱  Must be about right and wrong, not hey you are spending a lot of money make sure you get what you think you are getting.

image.thumb.png.aa4d7ce01f1c2bf28c133918a2a7a970.png

https://www.solar-shop.co.za/warranties/HubbleAM2Warranty.pdf

https://batterydistributors.co.za/hubble-battery-warranty/

Yet another, pretty much all their documents say the same thing.

Edited by Gnome

27 minutes ago, Gnome said:

Sigh.  You are one of those guys huh.  At no point did I "correct" someone.  I pointed it out as a likely problem.  But you must be right, I must be wrong 🥱  Must be about right and wrong, not hey you are spending a lot of money make sure you get what you think you are getting.

image.thumb.png.aa4d7ce01f1c2bf28c133918a2a7a970.png

https://www.solar-shop.co.za/warranties/HubbleAM2Warranty.pdf

https://batterydistributors.co.za/hubble-battery-warranty/

Yet another, pretty much all their documents say the same thing.

If "one of those guys" means that I prefer facts to irrelevant rubbish, yes, then I am one of those guys, I am happy to be one.

Edited by YellowTapemeasure

On 2022/01/13 at 9:45 PM, Gnome said:

Is this for only electronics or is this for all products sold in South Africa?

11 hours ago, Leshen said:

Is this for only electronics or is this for all products sold in South Africa?

Hmm, I'll be honest, I don't buy a lot of other products that I care too much about the warranty (that isn't electronic in some way).  This practice isn't really tied to South Africa.  I also find it is most common on products with "longer" warranties. 

4 hours ago, Gnome said:

Hmm, I'll be honest, I don't buy a lot of other products that I care too much about the warranty (that isn't electronic in some way).  This practice isn't really tied to South Africa.  I also find it is most common on products with "longer" warranties. 

Just trying to understand your post on transfer of warranty from Hubble to the Powerforum Store. Have a look at the CPA which is clear about retailers honouring a warranty and the PF Store is a retailer. 

1 hour ago, Leshen said:

Just trying to understand your post on transfer of warranty from Hubble to the Powerforum Store. Have a look at the CPA which is clear about retailers honouring a warranty and the PF Store is a retailer. 

I think PF is a reputable retailer, no questions. The issue is, what happens when someone buy from retailer X then the same retailer goes under and then three years later you want to claim? CPA will not help much when a retailer refuses to honor warranty, we have seen on this forum where a retailer declined and a member went directly to the manufacture and he was assisted. I had had a similar issue where I had to deal with Growatt directly because the retailer was dragging their feet and I wanted my inverter sorted out quick. 

52 minutes ago, hoohloc said:

I think PF is a reputable retailer, no questions. The issue is, what happens when someone buy from retailer X then the same retailer goes under and then three years later you want to claim? CPA will not help much when a retailer refuses to honor warranty, we have seen on this forum where a retailer declined and a member went directly to the manufacture and he was assisted. I had had a similar issue where I had to deal with Growatt directly because the retailer was dragging their feet and I wanted my inverter sorted out quick. 

That's all well and good however the comment was about a warranty that cannot be transferred to an owner because it was already transferred to the retailer by the supplier.