Battery Ah Charge and discharge

Blackwidow

Hi All, I have a 8KW Sunsynk with 2 5.5 100Ah Hubble batteries connected in parallel. My question is with the charging and discharging can I up the Ah from round about 100Ah to 200Ah due to 2 batteries running or should I never dis\charge them more than what they are rated for as a single unit at 100Ah? As sometimes I have enough battery reserve but in spikes it shuts down the system as batteries are limited on the lower Ah

The batteries are rated 110Ah each, so you have to change battery capacity to 220Ah. Max. Continuous Charging and Discharging Current is 100A, but as you have two in parallel maximum is 200A.  In the interest of battery life it may be wise to restrict your maximum charge and discharge rate to 0.5C (0.5x110Ax2 = 110A).

1 hour ago, Scubadude said:

The batteries are rated 110Ah each, so you have to change battery capacity to 220Ah. Max. Continuous Charging and Discharging Current is 100A, but as you have two in parallel maximum is 200A.  In the interest of battery life it may be wise to restrict your maximum charge and discharge rate to 0.5C (0.5x110Ax2 = 110A).

IMHO, restricting the charge and discharge rate to 0.5C, defeat the purpose of getting a 1C battery 😁

57 minutes ago, hoohloc said:

IMHO, restricting the charge and discharge rate to 0.5C, defeat the purpose of getting a 1C battery 😁

One can easily change the settings when more power is needed, But most of the time, it's wise to preserve the battery and extend it's lifetime.

Do you get a car which can only do 120km/h because it defeats the purpose of having faster one with no roads available to exceed that speed? 😀

25 minutes ago, PowerUser said:

One can easily change the settings when more power is needed, But most of the time, it's wise to preserve the battery and extend it's lifetime.

Do you get a car which can only do 120km/h because it defeats the purpose of having faster one with no roads available to exceed that speed? 😀

Now you are comparing two different things, the car is about safety issue and regulations, speed kills.. so I have been told and I believe that. I do not want to try that out to find out if it is true or not. 😂

Batteries on the other hand, are just storage devices, the quicker you fill the storage up the better. Even better when you do that every day if you can. Again, this is just my honest opinion 😁

if you can fill up your storage quick and empty it quicker so that you can fill it up quick again in a day, that is great and I would call that the perfect utilization of the device. A better comparison will be some who buys  a porsche or an Audi R8, only to park it in a garage because they are saving the mileage. They want to keep the mileage low so that the car doesn't age fast and have a better re-sale value. To me, that doesn't make sense. If I could afford a porsche 911, I would daily it and enjoy every moment of it 😁

But that is just me

55 minutes ago, Blackwidow said:

Thanks everyone for the inputs :) at least I know now I can up the current at least to enjoy my Porsche :P will most likely only up it to 150Ah to test it out as I do have about 10KW in panels so want to fully utilize them and the charging.  

Your discharge MAX setting is 185A, which will supply any load the inverter can handle. Your charge current is up to you. I set mine even lower than 0.5C.