Powelink PLE12D Meter - Reverse ?

Newb

Question

Does anyone know what the behavior is of the Powelink PLE12D Meter when your inverter sells back to the grid - I've been warned that this could actually result in you paying for the electricity that you push back, other rumours where that the meter will turn back, and others mentioned that it has ZERO effect... I've tried to get the datasheet for this particular meter, but its very limited and doesnt really answer the question... Any thoughts ?

3 answers to this question

On 2022/01/27 at 11:16 AM, Newb said:

Does anyone know what the behavior is of the Powelink PLE12D Meter when your inverter sells back to the grid - I've been warned that this could actually result in you paying for the electricity that you push back, other rumours where that the meter will turn back, and others mentioned that it has ZERO effect... I've tried to get the datasheet for this particular meter, but its very limited and doesnt really answer the question... Any thoughts ?

I know my landis+gyr gemini plc2 prepaid meter detects reverse flow and deducts from my prepaid credits. This is because it has been programmed like that. I am waiting for Ethekwini to approve my SSEG licence and bidirectional metering.