Imeon 3.6 driving me round the bend

Zkrige

Hi All,

I've had an imeon 3.6 installed 18mths ago (provider has since dissappeared and is untraceable). 3 mths ago I added 12x250w solar panels.

Recently what I've noticed (it might have been doing it for some time), is that as soon as the solar stop producing, the imeon switches over to battery and then shortly thereafter cuts power and never switches back to grid.

then this morning, it decided to use the solar only to charge the batteries, but not the grid to supply the house (see attached image)

I've got the imeon software on my laptop, and have tried all the different settings. I read somewhere else on this forum there is a "pro" mode which allows you to calibrate batteries and gives you access to error codes.

I'm based in the helderberg and am willing to pay whatever it costs to have the stupid thing sorted out. 

IMG_0270.jpg

HI Zkrige (dalk Zander?)

I don't own an Imeon but had made up my mind to buy one when I was persuaded that an Axpert better suited my needs. I did however do a fair amount of research in anticipation of being an Imeon owner. The Imeon is not as programmable as an Axpert having three basic modes. Being able to connect to the grid can I suggest that you opt for the Backup Mode. Supplying energy from batteries is more expensive than Eskom/local municipality and one should keep your batteries for when the grid is down. 

Screenshot (27).png

If you want to cycle your batteries you could use the Smart-Grid Mode but in all likelihood you are going to discharge your batteries and recharge them with Eskom which is terribly inefficient. You can disable AC charging and if you having cloudy weather it is easy to enable again. 

I contacted Imeon with  a e-mail written in French by my French speaking monster-in-law to ask for the ability to combine Off-grid with back-up mode as I wanted to be in off grid during the day and backup at night. They never replied and I opted for an  Axpert and did not pursue it any further.

Come @Chris-R,@Mike (grudgingly) and @Neb this is bread and butter stuff for you chaps

7 hours ago, Zkrige said:

I'm based in the helderberg and am willing to pay whatever it costs to have the stupid thing sorted out. 

I know its not blue but perhaps we can persuade Plonky to go have a look.

Hi Zkrige
In Flow manager, set the following.

Smart Grid.
Allow feed in to grid? No
Allow AC to charge batteries? No

In battery manager set the following.

DOD with Grid? 50%
DOD without grid? 50%
Discharge only at night? No

Hope this helps, that's of course only if you haven't tried this already?

Cheers Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Chris Hobson said:

Come @Chris-R,@Mike (grudgingly) and @Neb this is bread and butter stuff for you chaps

Hi Chris, ZKrige

We are currently busy talking to Imeon in France. It seems to be a firmware problem and cannot be adjusted from within the application. We are busy changing the app at the moment, but it looks like our hands are tied as far as the different modes is concerned.

I have also seen the " Pro mode " somewhere on the forum and would like to know whether there is anybody that can give us more info about this. It might just be of some help.

I am running my own system in  " UPS " mode and it works for me.

I'm starting to think something has gone belly up on the imeon

If I completely disconnect the batteries, it shows battery voltage 54.6v, and charging at 1.5a. Obviously this isnt possible if the batteries arent connected

I want the following setup

1) solar to supply my house during the day
2) excess solar feedback to the grid
3) batteries ONLY ever to be used if grid is down and solar is unable to provide enough power.
4) I don't want to cycle my batteries every day

is there anyone in the helderberg that can get "pro" mode on the imeon and come have a look for me?

13 minutes ago, Zkrige said:

If I completely disconnect the batteries, it shows battery voltage 54.6v, and charging at 1.5a. Obviously this isnt possible if the batteries arent connected

I won't worry about that too much for the moment. The infini inverters, like the Imeons, can work without batteries, where the Axperts (owned by most on this forum) cannot work without batteries and therefor this scenario was not really mentioned before. When I disconnect my battery bank from my infini, while it was charging, it also displays a current value of about 0.4A and the last measured battery voltage. The 1.5A in your case might be a bit high, but the 0.4A in my case is probably just the current measuring circuit that is not calibrated.

Hopefully the Imeon is still fine, just needs a bit of configuring...

1 hour ago, Zkrige said:

3) batteries ONLY ever to be used if grid is down and solar is unable to provide enough power.

is there anyone in the helderberg that can get "pro" mode on the imeon and come have a look for me?

Hi Zkrige

You need to set flow manager to " UPS Mode " and it will work exactly the way you want.

Allow grid to charge battery = " No "

Allow grid feedback = " Yes "

That should do the trick.

The Imeon is designed to protect your batteries, therefore even with these settings as described above, it will still sometimes " flush " your batteries and do a small recharge from PV.

Just now, Chris-R said:

Hi Zkrige

You need to set flow manager to " UPS Mode " and it will work exactly the way you want.

Allow grid to charge battery = " No "

Allow grid feedback = " Yes "

That should do the trick.

The Imeon is designed to protect your batteries, therefore even with these settings as described above, it will still sometimes " flush " your batteries and do a small recharge from PV.

In winter when there isnt much sun I *do* want the grid to charge batteries.

anyways, the problem isnt really with the settings - its been working fine until recently. as soon as it gets to evening time, the imeon just stops using the grid, even though it has 235v on it. Is the imeon perhaps over sensitive to grid voltage, and purposefully not using the grid?

6 hours ago, Zkrige said:

I thought that sounded familiar (Zayin, right?). You were selling a Heat Pump recently? Tye Hewitt mentioned it to me.

Sadly I don't have experience with the Imeon. I'm a Helderberger too.

Guys,

The Imeon is set up in smart mode to first use PV , secondly the batteries and thereafter only the grid. See Attachment. If you want to use the grid before you use the batteries the setting has to be  " UPS mode ".

Are you sure that you did not change the setting from ups to smart mode by accident lately?

Dear Sir

If you wish to change priorities, you must change the mode in use. See below , you can switch to backup mode, then you'll have :  1. PV 2. Grid 3. Batteries
The latest version of IMEON MANAGER 2.1.9.9 is currently available from our website.

imeon setup - modes.jpg
For any other technical  question, please email at [email protected] ( warranty claim on-line form is for inverters failures only. ). Thank you.

Cordialement / Best Regards

Technical Support

Tel: +33 (0)1 84 17 51 15
10 Rue Amiral Romain Desfossés, 29200 Brest, FRANCE  

www.imeon-energy.com

I hope This will help you

5 hours ago, Zkrige said:

Thanks @Chris-R! I'll change that right away and see if it has any effect. Out of interest, can someone point me in the direction of the download link for the latest software?

All I can seem to find is the mobile app

Here is the link

http://www.imeon-energy.com/en/imeon-9-12/

1. Choose Downloads

2. 5th option from the top

Cheers

On 2/9/2017 at 0:38 PM, Chris-R said:

Hi Chris, ZKrige

We are currently busy talking to Imeon in France. It seems to be a firmware problem and cannot be adjusted from within the application. We are busy changing the app at the moment, but it looks like our hands are tied as far as the different modes is concerned.

I have also seen the " Pro mode " somewhere on the forum and would like to know whether there is anybody that can give us more info about this. It might just be of some help.

I am running my own system in  " UPS " mode and it works for me.

For Pro mode, contact Nick Roche from Rubicon, in Montagu Gardens. He provided me with a one day only password which allows you to go to Pro Mode. ( I have found out later that this password could be used over and over if you first set the date on the Imeon to the date of the password)! 

Hope that helps!

24 minutes ago, SOLARWIND said:

For Pro mode, contact Nick Roche from Rubicon, in Montagu Gardens. He provided me with a one day only password which allows you to go to Pro Mode. ( I have found out later that this password could be used over and over if you first set the date on the Imeon to the date of the password)! 

Hope that helps!

B)

just count backwards for the password daily based on the 1st number you get. Rubicon do not support the imeon brand anymore there are two in S.A one in PE and one in Kimberly area that are now agents. If you pm me teamviewer details perhaps i could login and take a look?

sorry for such a late reply, not on the forum often anymore..

• 1 year later...

You have to email support and request it, then they will provide a link to the latest version. Reason for this is the new IMA box they supply which is a wireless interface between the inverter and the web plus management for Lithium BMS

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2017/02/09 at 12:58 PM, Zkrige said:

you asked to find out details about how pro it is for IMEON 3.6 installers ... honestly an inverter shit that ate me many hours of my life ...
I don't want any money for that.
but you can send a thank you to a Romanian and that's it. [email protected]
eventually to send you a photo with the off grid or on grid settings, functional to me.
imeon has big software problems. they are totally unprepared and on top of that and insensitive because they don't even answer the phone or email regardless of whether they are wanted by distributors or end customers.
I do not recommend.
installer.pro@local
PRO_Installer_P4SS

I hope it helps.
also sets the voltage to the minimum and maximum limits in order to be able to take over the voltage peaks or drops from the network or generator