Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Praveen

InfiniSolar V USB protocol

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I think I can get my answer here.

I have a 2KW Voltronicpower InifiniSolar V (http://www.voltronicpower.com/oCart2/index.php?route=product/product&path=24&product_id=172). This does NOT have RS232 port. It has a USB port. I want to monitor this inverter using cloud.

I am writing a python application which can read inverter stats, warning info and upload to cloud where I can monitor the inverter and battery state. I have been searching for USB protocol/commands to connect with the inverter.

If you have the protocol doc, please share the doc to me. Thanks in advance.

No sorry i dont give protocals out.

Please dont ask me for it or mentioned or point people to me Silver.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@The Terrible Triplett Thanks. I have seen this as well. However, my concern is, InfiniSolar V might have different protocol.

I decompiled the JAR bundled in the SolarMonitor software and it looks like it goes with this documentation. I will try it(I will get to do this after few days) and update this thread.

I am now so looking for the Infini specs too. :D

10 minutes ago, Manie said:

I have emailed the supplier and later they supplied me the protocal.

Hi Manie 

I spoke to Energy since I am not the one to enforce etiquette on the forum - Energy is. If you feel I was chicken I was just wanting to nudge you in the right direction and avoid the unpleasantness that I know is going to ensue.  I feel you have crossed the line. The supplier supplies you with the protocol and yet you feel that you would not like to pass it on- your prerogative. The idea of this forum is to help each other. If you had spent hours working out the protocol fine it would be your intellectual material. Someone gave you the protocol and you not willing to pass it on. That takes a special kind of meanness.

Coulomb's attitude is so refreshing different to yours. 

22 minutes ago, Manie said:

The last time you PM me what happen to that.

I had two potential clients for your iCC Pi - one is in the process of selling up and the other like the rest of us here in the Karoo does not have two brass pennies at the moment. I still support your software as you seem willing to listen to your customers (an important trait to me). This however is not about ICC.

32 minutes ago, Manie said:

I get a lot of PM's and your guys is just increasing it. If you get PM how did you do that . I tried the protocol and do not get response from the inverter then it start getting annoying .

I was unaware of this. Surely you can give the protocol and say sort yourself out - I had to. I am not going to help you because otherwise I have to help everybody and I just don't have the time.

33 minutes ago, Manie said:

You don;t know how did i got the protocol or did I bought it , or did I had to do some work for it.

44 minutes ago, Chris Hobson said:

I have emailed the supplier and later they supplied me the protocal

So someone gave it to you? Or as you suggest you did some work for it? If you paid for it (even via your labours) then you entitled to keep it to yourself. At least point the man in the right direction and say I got the protocol from X and I had to pay Y for it or in lieu of me fixing a problem on his server he gave it to me. I suspect you were given the protocol and because you perceive Praveen's attempt at his own software as a threat to your own ICC you are unwilling to share it. If I am wrong tell me so - I have been wrong before (but I don't like admitting it).

1 minute ago, Manie said:

Dont warry you got what you always wanted . Me to leave the forum. You tried it before . Took a bid long but soos hulle se in afrikaans aanhouer wen my maat

I have a suggestion you stay on the forum give Praveen the protocol and I will leave. The forum needs you a lot more than they need me.

So personal story from my life, some 5 years ago. I lost my temper so badly one day that I physically started to bash in the door that my wife had just shut in my face. Thankfully the red mist cleared and I got help soon after that. A difficult thing to admit as a guy: I need help.

I learned that anger comes from the same place as the fight-or-flight response. When you feel you are no longer in control of the situation you feel unsafe and you lash out. Walk away! You don't have to answer every one. You don't have to be always available, and you don't have to be in control. You can come back and re-assert control.

I'm telling that story to advise -- in the light of people talking about leaving -- to walk away and take control later. Feel free to tell me to take a long walk off a short peer.

I see that the thread is deleted. Why? Did we all not agree that no post will be deleted?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just now, plonkster said:

So personal story from my life, some 5 years ago. I lost my temper so badly one day that I physically started to bash in the door that my wife had just shut in my face. Thankfully the red mist cleared and I got help soon after that. A difficult thing to admit as a guy: I need help.

I learned that anger comes from the same place as the fight-or-flight response. When you feel you are no longer in control of the situation you feel unsafe and you lash out. Walk away! You don't have to answer every one. You don't have to be always available, and you don't have to be in control. You can come back and re-assert control.

I'm telling that story to advise -- in the light of people talking about leaving -- to walk away and take control later. Feel free to tell me to take a long walk off a short peer.

some good advice there. I also had to learn this the hard way.