Axpert Kings and Hubble AM2?

Ralf

Hi Y'all

I would just like to get true and accurate info please.

I have 3 x 5Kw Axpert Kings in parallel (15Kw) (single fase) with 12Kw of solar array. I want to change to Lithium batteries and the options are slim, as I need between 12-15Kw usable storage, that can offer 300A constant draw from the batteries. I also want to be able to add more batteries to get to about 60Kw of storage. The problem is that the communication of batt to inverter is critical for me and I don't want to use a 3rd party device that needs internet connectivity to work.

The options I am looking at are that are 100% compatible to the Kings are: Kodak batteries (they over 100A each) or Hubble AM2. The Pylontech will be a perfect match, but they don't offer the Amperage unless I buy 6 batteries to start off with, which I don't have the "mula" for at the moment.🤣

I can get Hubble batteries at a good price, but I have to know if they can work with the King, without the Riot cloud link, with 100% comms via the RS485- Canbus cable?

I have asked suppliers etc, but I need to know for sure.

Thanks guys

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

Edited by Ralf
spelling

Hi Ralf, 

There are other options too that are also 1C. Unfortunately, the Hubble will need the Cloudlink to get Comms with the King's. Because you are correct your need the RIOT Cloudlink. The main reason is that the Hubble uses only CAN Comms & the Axpert King uses RS485. There is RS485 on the Hubble but this is reserved for technicians and maintenance. 

The Pylontechs are expensive because of the 0.5C discharge limits. Means you might need double of the capacity to unlock the required discharge requirements. It's a pity because the King supports the RS485 from the Pylons. 

Other options include the Livoltek LFP 5.1kWh wallmount packs with Direct Comms via Lib protocol & it does not require the internet to function. However, this depends on your inverter firmware version if the Lib protocol is embedded. If not then you are limited & have other options but with USE settings. 

On 2022/06/23 at 8:40 PM, Steve87 said:

Hi Ralf, 

There are other options too that are also 1C. Unfortunately, the Hubble will need the Cloudlink to get Comms with the King's. Because you are correct your need the RIOT Cloudlink. The main reason is that the Hubble uses only CAN Comms & the Axpert King uses RS485. There is RS485 on the Hubble but this is reserved for technicians and maintenance. 

The Pylontechs are expensive because of the 0.5C discharge limits. Means you might need double of the capacity to unlock the required discharge requirements. It's a pity because the King supports the RS485 from the Pylons. 

Other options include the Livoltek LFP 5.1kWh wallmount packs with Direct Comms via Lib protocol & it does not require the internet to function. However, this depends on your inverter firmware version if the Lib protocol is embedded. If not then you are limited & have other options but with USE settings. 

@Steve87 agreed that the Hubble will need Cloudlink between battery and inverter, but I am not so sure that having Internet comms is mandatory for the inverter to have comms with the battery. At one of my installs I have a 5K Sunsynk that uses the CAN interface to Cloudlink device and then serial to the master Hubble AM-2. I use the Cloudlink to monitor all 3 batteries via the one serial link, and to allow Hubble to do the same if I run into any support issue (none so far). Thus the role of the Cloudlink is twofold: firstly it does protocol conversion (CAN to serial to CAN) and secondly it allows remote monitoring and remote changing of parameters. I am almost sure that it will do the same between RS-485 and serial, @Ralf just needs to confirm with Hubble. It doesn't make sense to me that the Cloudlink will send battery comms to the cloud and back 😁     

@Ralf if you don't require remote (Internet) monitoring then the Cloudlink will probably still do the protocol conversion. Remember that the RIOT Cloudlink is no longer a 3rd party add-on, Hubble acquired RIOT a while back already, and are therefore in complete control of Hubble Cloudlink. If I were you, I would log a ticket with Hubble support and get confirmation that the Kings will would work with Hubble via Cloudlink.