PV Priority

SolarNoob

Good morning,

I was wondering what the consensus is here on the forum, are you guys having the PV supply the load first and then charge the batteries or are you having the PV charge the batteries first and then supply the load?

Which are you using and why?

Thanks

1 hour ago, SolarNoob said:

Which are you using and why?

Both. Most days PV goes to the load first (because that is more efficient), but occasionally the battery gets priority (usually about one day a week). This happens almost automatically, because we tend to use less power on a Saturday.

Same here , we don't set any priority. I also worked out that , in our case , the batteries are full quite early so now I have set the geyer to come on earlier so that the batts takes abit longer to charge, But also keep in mind that I have about 1.5kw surplus most of the time. 

I think when you are full off grid and cycle your batts quite deep that you will need to have the charge priority high as you will need to use the batts in the evening , but in a grid scenario it would not make any sense.