Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Sign in to follow this  
Sidewinder

Missing EmonCMS Dashboard

Hi All,

I've been using Dashboard for more than 6 months. Created over 12 or so successful working ones, to display info I need.

So after managing to read the temperature from my Geyser using an ESP8266, I successfully posted this info to Node2.

I then created a Geyser Temp Time Compare graph, and it shown what i need. Lekker.

So I used the Dashboard icon (top leftish) dropdown menu (The Dashboard appear here in alphabetical sequence!) then select the GTTC(added this name in the creation stage as an alias), then I just get a blank. That forces me to go through the whole Setup - Dashboard - click on "eye" for GTTC dashboard.

Anyone that can assist me why the shortcut does not work? - All other shortcuts do work!

Thanks in advance

Hit F12 (Chrome or Firefox) and activate the Console tab. If there is some kind of error in the javascript (it could be that it only manifests in a certain context) the error message should appear there. That might help explain it.

HI @Sidewinder what happens if you change the name to something else? Having 12 dashboards is quite a lot. I have also found that when you introduces some external html to the dash it can bugger things around. One error I get from time to time is that the dash background does not change. Then you have to change it directly in Mysql. Other thing is that sometimes I could not edit the dash anymore and would need to clone it and work from there again :)
You could also try that btw. Clone one of your "simple" dash boards and check if you can edit that. 

For most part you don't get too much help on the openenrgy forum unless you can "proove" that there is a bug of sorts then the guys are keen. 

Thanks for the reply. @PaulF007

Yip, the editing of the name did the trick.!

I have cloned before, without any hassles.

I've also now managed to solve the error in line 65 problem I have when i use the browser and the browser history finds one of the Dashboard entries, and once selected (e.g. .../view/DB1), i noticed that that Dashboard's alias is empty, whereas I always populate this field.

So two things sorted today at least!!

@Sidewinder Glad it gott sorted. I dont know if it is a syntax error or what but I suspect that it could because it was in caps , couls even be that MySql does not accept the Caps

Any way it work and that is all that matters :)

Ohh man.....Getting old is not for sissies. I have been running local emoncms on Ubuntu for the past 2 years with no problems and through a couple of Ubuntu version upgrades. Then bang...the last upgrade from Ubuntu from 19.04 to 19.10 seems to have had Mysql as well as PHP changes. Needless to say my emoncms would not work anymore and after spending 2 days trying to kick-start it, I had pretty much given up, formatted and reloaded Ubuntu Mate 18.04. Loading the new emoncms on Mate went well, but do you think I could remember all the formula's I used in the Inputs process (tweaked over 2 years)....No way.

Today I have it finally set it up to where I want it. And the biggest moral to today's story is Backup, backup and don't forget to backup.

Screenshot at 2019-11-24 13-51-55.png

On 2019/11/24 at 1:05 PM, GVC said:

Ohh man.....Getting old is not for sissies. I have been running local emoncms on Ubuntu for the past 2 years with no problems and through a couple of Ubuntu version upgrades. Then bang...the last upgrade from Ubuntu from 19.04 to 19.10 seems to have had Mysql as well as PHP changes. Needless to say my emoncms would not work anymore and after spending 2 days trying to kick-start it, I had pretty much given up, formatted and reloaded Ubuntu Mate 18.04. Loading the new emoncms on Mate went well, but do you think I could remember all the formula's I used in the Inputs process (tweaked over 2 years)....No way.

Today I have it finally set it up to where I want it. And the biggest moral to today's story is Backup, backup and don't forget to backup.

Screenshot at 2019-11-24 13-51-55.png

This dashboard is too beautiful!