Jump to content

Luxpower settings with Solar present


Givenaxe

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. I have just installed my first Luxpower unit. Initially it was with a battery only UP 5000. I used most of the settings deliberated for ups without solar using ac charge. Now I have installed panels and need to get accurate settings to enable Solar battery Utility. I have seen Jaco’s video on YouTube and unfortunately when he starts the initial process the inverter is only shown later when he does the settings and I miss part of the initial process. If anyone can share comprehensive settings to ensure that I do not miss anything. I would like the system to use solar mostly and reserve the battery for load-shedding. 
 

thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2022/12/27 at 10:04 PM, Givenaxe said:

Hi everyone. I have just installed my first Luxpower unit. Initially it was with a battery only UP 5000. I used most of the settings deliberated for ups without solar using ac charge. Now I have installed panels and need to get accurate settings to enable Solar battery Utility. I have seen Jaco’s video on YouTube and unfortunately when he starts the initial process the inverter is only shown later when he does the settings and I miss part of the initial process. If anyone can share comprehensive settings to ensure that I do not miss anything. I would like the system to use solar mostly and reserve the battery for load-shedding. 
 

thank you

Once you have BMS up and running, set all timers (start and end) to 0:00 to 0:00, this should allow the inverter to kick over to Eskom after sunset.

 

Ac Start charge at 95% SOC, and End Charge at 100% SOC

Use the Web App to setup this inverter the menu on the inverter is a pain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey, I've got a LuxPower SNA 5000 with a 5kw battery and Solar Panels. 

I don't think settings are correct as it would randomly trip during loadshedding. The battery percentage is high when it trips and it trips when there is no excessive load so I'm sure it's a setting problem. I'm just not completely sure what setting to use.

If anyone could assist that would be great.

Current Settings:

https://imgur.com/a/rwXcSly

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2023/07/14 at 12:55 PM, Mikhail Hathey said:

Hey, I've got a LuxPower SNA 5000 with a 5kw battery and Solar Panels. 

I don't think settings are correct as it would randomly trip during loadshedding. The battery percentage is high when it trips and it trips when there is no excessive load so I'm sure it's a setting problem. I'm just not completely sure what setting to use.

If anyone could assist that would be great.

Current Settings:

https://imgur.com/a/rwXcSly

 

Hi. What battery are you using on your system? How many (Capacity) . Was it working fine before you installed the panels? How many panels did you install and what whattage? Did you use one string on the inverter or two strings? This is to help with in giving a good response 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2023/07/18 at 9:16 AM, Givenaxe said:

Hi. What battery are you using on your system? How many (Capacity) . Was it working fine before you installed the panels? How many panels did you install and what whattage? Did you use one string on the inverter or two strings? This is to help with in giving a good response 

I'm only using 1 x Shoto 5.12kWh Lithium-ion Battery

It was working fine before installing the panels yes. We installed 8 x JA Solar 410W Panels and it is using 1 string on the inverter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...