What settings and wiring for Ziehl 1001E islanding relay

ghatikar

Hello 

In all my enthusiasm and keeping in safety in mind, I got a Ziehl Islanding relay ( in Victron islanding box) Now after pouring over manual and other forums for the life of me I cannot find answers to following questions - Please keep in mind I am using in Abuja /Nigeria so no regulations are enforced neither any practical experience exists yet to guide me 

1. If used in  1 Phase AC system do I adopt Set 1 ( 3Ac with N)  Germany SET 7 (2/1 AC with N)  or the UK  20( 3/2/1 AC with N)  - UK G59 seems more stringent with dual level protections. - I did not see any settings for SA ( NRS-097-2-1) 

2. Is it just my relay or the Lock and Unlock lever is really tough to push and has it's own mind on when to activate 

3. Does the relay switch on its output /power contactor immediately on all the while counting down what seems sampling time or after a time delay - The behavior seems different on German and UK settings but no mention in Manual about switch on behavior except brief mention of " Delay Enable On time"

4. in SA do you keep RockOF ( Df/Dt) on or OFF 

I have attached the handbook for handy reference - 

manual ( 5 MB) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6eOIBrQmTfLdVVvLUgzY001dlk/view?usp=sharing

p.s - I am planning a crazy scheme where my 800 Watt solar and 600-watt wind will be fed back using a grid-tied microinverter ( capable using battery instead of panels) back to the main Victron  on ACout 2 - 

The  ACout 2  of quattro is already connected to 500 watt system microinverter which cuts out through a power contactor using an assistant at  SOC above 99 % and comes back on at 97% - as a backup ACout 2 is also set to switch off at Voltages above 57 volts 

ba_ufr1001e_kurz_e.pdf

Anti-islanding-solutions-EN.pdf

9 hours ago, ghatikar said:

1. If used in  1 Phase AC system do I adopt Set 1 ( 3Ac with N)  Germany SET 7 (2/1 AC with N)  or the UK  20( 3/2/1 AC with N)  - UK G59 seems more stringent with dual level protections. - I did not see any settings for SA ( NRS-097-2-1) 

I used the UK setting, with the the three phases bridged. I could not get the German one to work.

2. Is it just my relay or the Lock and Unlock lever is really tough to push and has it's own mind on when to activate 

It takes some force to push it, yes. A bit more than I felt comfortable with really.

3. Does the relay switch on its output /power contactor immediately on all the while counting down what seems sampling time or after a time delay - The behavior seems different on German and UK settings but no mention in Manual about switch on behavior except brief mention of " Delay Enable On time"

It switches on after the delay, as far as I know. The requirements for how long it has to wait depends on the grid standard you selected. For some you have to wait a full minute, for others 20 seconds is sufficient. If you put it on a poor power source (such as a small petrol generator) you'll see it count down, sometimes it might pause, sometimes it will start over. It has to see clean power for the whole period before it connects.

4. in SA do you keep RockOF ( Df/Dt) on or OFF 

I kept RoCoF on. I think NRS097-2-1 requires it.

I did most of the setup using the German manual that came with it, I got tired of mentally translating it (I read German, but it still hurts my head after a while), and thankfully found the English manual online :-)