Axpert MKS 5kva Power-Cycling in OFF position

Martino

When you say "comes on", do you mean the actual 230 V inverter (part of the inverter / charger / solar charge controller) comes on, as evidenced by dotted lines on the LCD, or merely that the LCD lights at all? 

The inverter on/off switch isn't a power switch cutting power to the electronics; it's a digital input to the processor, to act as a hint when to turn the 230 V inverter on and off, considering many factors. It confuses me a lot of the time too. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2017 at 9:44 PM, Chris Hobson said:

I am not quite sure I understand your predicament. The SCC will operate even if the unit is turned off if batteries and PV are connected.

Agreed. Many inverters will still operate, at least to charge the batteries, when the PV and batteries are connected. Switching it off generally only stops AC output. Some inverters though have a battery and PV isolator if you want to disconnect / switch off those as well. 

• 1 year later...
On 2017/12/10 at 11:51 PM, Coulomb said:

When you say "comes on", do you mean the actual 230 V inverter (part of the inverter / charger / solar charge controller) comes on, as evidenced by dotted lines on the LCD, or merely that the LCD lights at all? 

The inverter on/off switch isn't a power switch cutting power to the electronics; it's a digital input to the processor, to act as a hint when to turn the 230 V inverter on and off, considering many factors. It confuses me a lot of the time too. 

Sorry I just saw your reply.

Inverter "soft" switch is in the OFF position

Mains Input = 0V

PV Input = OFF

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the above conditions, when the Battery Isolator switch is turned ON, inverter should display nothing on the screen (it's in a standby state -sort of). But this inverter Powers ON as if the "soft" switch in ON, and then power-cycles ON-OFF-ON-OFF....

However, when "Soft" switch is now turned ON, it stops Power-Cycling, but there's no AC output.

The other thought is that perhaps your misbehaving machine is a clone. There have been reports of switching on and off, or possibly hunts from battery mode to line mode. But I thought that was only around sundown. Is it possible that your test was around dusk?

Finally, when the inverter "soft switch" is turned off, it doesn't switch itself off instantly (though it should stop inverting, as in sending battery power to the loads, pretty mush instantly, with an audible click as a pair of relays turn off). The screen goes dark and pretty much all activity cease about 30 seconds later, but only if there are no charging sources (AC-in or PV). But of course, it should never hunt between on and off, or between battery and line modes.

On 2017/12/10 at 11:51 PM, Coulomb said:

This machine is not a "Clone"; I purchased it off of a Voltronic Distributor in my country. However, it is off warranty.

This inverter's fan was cleaned at the time; but when is was being disassembled, I had to remove the PAR board to remove the transparent shroud covering the fan and the SCC board. On reassembly, I noticed that a couple of the 4 terminals for attaching the PAR board to the main board were loose. I removed the main board to resolder the slightly detached terminals. On reassembling the Inverter, without attaching the PV and MAINS inputs, and with the "Soft Switch" in the OFF position, the inverter powers ON and cycles between ON-OFF-ON-OFF.... after about 30s interval.

Coulomb,

I responded to your comment on the other thread.

I mistakingly (Stupid me! 😠😠) swapped INPUT & OUTPUT port positions, but DID NOT feed MAINS to the "INPUT" port; I have only connected Battery cables after all the times I've disassembled & reassembled. So, now there's 230VAC output when Inverter is operating off of battery & PV array.

However, the problem of Power-cycling while the "Soft" Switch is in the OFF Position still remains.

Any thoughts?