Firmware Axpert Max 8K 72.66

sharkut

5 hours ago, sharkut said:

02 february 2023 was released new DSP firmware for 28066 Axpert MAX 1 8K model on EASun FTP hosted by Voltronic

Version number is 72.66

Is someone already tried it ?

@Coulomb, if you have time, can you check changes since 72.62 last known firmware

VP5K.inv 363.08 kB · 0 downloads

Can u put here the FTP of voltronic ? Thanks

7 hours ago, sharkut said:

Coulomb, if you have time, can you check changes since 72.62 last known firmware

A complete comparison is very time consuming, and will have to wait. However, I checked the notorious function controlling MPPT power, and it has significant changes! One appears to be checking for a solar voltage of at least 250 V before it does the suspect code that causes the MPPT voltage to head towards the minimum value. So the "stuck at 90 V" might finally be addressed by Voltronic!

Otherwise, it certainly seems to be a legitimate Axpert Max 1 '28066 non-twin firmware.

It would be well worth a try; thanks for posting the firmware update file.

Edit: It should be used with the Arena reflash tool. Make sure that you copy the InvConfigFile.ini as well as the Arena executable, or copy this .inv file to a folder that has other Axpert Max 1 8 kW '28066 firmware. Or at least '28066 firmware of some sort.

Edited by Coulomb

1 minute ago, Coulomb said:

A complete comparison is very time consuming, and will have to wait. However, I checked the notorious function controlling MPPT power, and it has significant changes! One appears to be checking for a solar voltage of at least 250 V before it does the suspect code that causes the MPPT voltage to head towards the minimum value. So the "stuck at 90 V" might finally be addressed by Voltronic!

Otherwise, it certainly seems to be a legitimate Axpert Max 1 '28066 non-twin firmware.

It would be well worth a try; thanks for posting the firmware update file.

This is not for the new processor right ? I mean, i have 92.05.that work.with arena reflash tool. This firmware its not.good for me right ?

5 minutes ago, add1c7ed55 said:

This is not for the new processor right ?

No, it IS for the new '28066 chip, which always uses the Arena reflash tool.

7 minutes ago, add1c7ed55 said:

i have 92.05.that work.with arena reflash tool. This firmware its not.good for me right ?

No, 92.05 is based on 92.04, which is for the Axpert Max 1 '28066, the same as 72.66. So this firmware should be fine for you.

1 hour ago, Coulomb said:

No, 92.05 is based on 92.04, which is for the Axpert Max 1 '28066, the same as 72.66. So this firmware should be fine for you.

Flashed. All ok. I connected the help connecter too. Tomorrow will see how works.

11 hours ago, add1c7ed55 said:

Flashed. All ok. I connected the help connecter too. Tomorrow will see how works.

13 hours ago, Coulomb said:

At 06.41 have started mppt, with 75v and in 10 minutes went in 350v and 0.3A, it seems very optimized, the production on clouds seems to be bugger. Eeprom alarm dissapeard.  Since now all is like must be all the time.

19 hours ago, Coulomb said:

When have time, can check the parameters of the new firmware? Maybe must be modified a little ..dont know...u are the master 😛

On 2023/03/04 at 3:54 PM, Coulomb said:

@aamilev,

You've been more than generous and more than patient, sorry for the wait. Things are still frantic here, but I made time today for this patch. It should also be useful for @stakoz and presumably others. I wondered what patches to implement, perhaps even the changes found in 72.66. I decided the latter was too new and untested (by forum readers at least), so I decide to keep it simple and start with Georg's original 200 V patches. So this patched firmware has no resets or any attempt at shade management. Shade management is a great idea if you need it, but the present implementation seems to be very panel configuration specific.

This is patched firmware version 269.61, based on factory firmware version 69.61 for the Axpert Max 1 7.2 kW non-twin with the '28066 DSP chip. It fixes the premature float bug, hopefully there isn't a "never float" bug lurking. If there is, it's easily reversed. It also implements all @Georg594's original 200 V minimum MPPT patches (first applied to factory firmware 90.06). On the display, the main U1 firmware version should show as 69.61, but monitoring software and apps should show it as 269.61. Do not use with other models, even other Axpert Maxs, or even an Axpert Max II 7.2 kW. Do not use with a '2809 DSP chip; see the first post of this thread for details.

Use at your own risk.

dsp 269.61 Axpert Max 1 7.2kW '28066 patched.zipUnavailable

I agree with you, I think simple is often the best and in my opinion original minium 200V @Georg594 (or 175V) MPPT patches  was always the best solution today.

Shade Management version was working but less power in cloudy weather than forced 200V and in my case with shingled module I think there is less benefits as you say

Wait for 72.66 test but i'm not too confident

3 hours ago, sharkut said:

Sunt de acord cu tine, cred că simplu este de multe ori cel mai bun și, după părerea mea, original 200V@Georg594Patch-urile MPPT (sau 175V) au fost întotdeauna cea mai bună soluție astăzi.

Versiunea de gestionare a umbrei a funcționat, dar mai puțină putere pe vreme înnorată decât 200V forțat și în cazul meu, cu modulul cu șindrilă, cred că există mai puține beneficii așa cum spuneți dvs.

Așteptați testul 72.66, dar nu sunt prea încrezător

Today i tested again the 72.66, but on cloudy weather seems to be worst than patched firnware pf Coulomb...i flashed again the 300v patch. 

I can confirm that

90V stuck not fixed for me with very cloudy weather (first picture)

The firmware seems to act weird in light cloudy weither, maybe more reactive with voltage, to resume it's strange but no so much more power (second picture)

voltage.PNG

weird.PNG

18 hours ago, sharkut said:

72.66 for all

Ah. There goes my hope that Voltronic, with all their resources, would have the definitive solution to the MPPT problems. Oh well.

Maybe their test gear needs a "cloudy day" setting.

9 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Ah. Există speranța mea că Voltronic, cu toate resursele lor, va avea soluția definitivă la problemele MPPT. Oh bine.

Poate că echipamentul lor de testare are nevoie de o setare de „zi înnorată”.

The single better thing is that this 72.66 is oem, and the inverter dont gives the eeprom error. In rest, the same problems .