Sunsynk Inverter // Show parallel batteries in LiBMS screen

suds7162

I have two Greenrich WM5000 batteries connected to my 8KW inverter. 

According to the manual, if the battery comms is working as it should, I should see a screen like the below:

image.thumb.png.74cec68da3272a95108010c2b5fb5e57.png

I would assume the right screenshot will only be visible if there are more than one battery connected?

However, this is what I am seeing on my inverter:

image.png.71b70f143412cf065d2d1bec81c30044.png

Is it only specific batteries that give you the ability to see all battery statuses individually, or is there some sort of mismatch between my inverter and batteries?

Can some of the forum members with more than one battery share their screens with me?

Thanks

That's a pity. Would have been nice to see all batteries individually!

I'm trying to help my father debug his setup, one of his 6 batteries seems to not want to charge to 100% and that screen would have been helpful. Sent a mail to the manufacturer. I might make a separate post about it here some time.

Thanks for the quick response.

1 minute ago, suds7162 said:

That's a pity. Would have been nice to see all batteries individually!

I'm trying to help my father debug his setup, one of his 6 batteries seems to not want to charge to 100% and that screen would have been helpful. Sent a mail to the manufacturer. I might make a separate post about it here some time.

Thanks for the quick response.

what batteries does he have ?

Also the WM5000s, we bought our setups together. One battery's front SOC indicator is solid blue, while the other 5 are solid green. According to the manual this means it's at 50-75% SOC

The inverter refuses to charge the bank beyond 90%. Charge power drops to about 100W, which presumably is the batteries' internal circuitry and self-discharge that the inverter compensates. We double checked the wiring and all seems good. The inverter registers a max discharge current of ~900A, which is correct (150A * 6) so comms between all 6 batteries seem good. 

The affected one is the middle one in a bank of 6. Number 3 in my photo below:

image.thumb.png.6440cae00216e40750f6160b409b18f6.png

Very new, it was commissioned last week. I'm not sure what the SOC of the batteries were before commissioning, but I'm pretty sure all of them were green on day one. I also thought it was a balancing issue, but the affected battery seems to be in discharge mode, not charge mode, which does not make sense, if it is the one that should be charging.

1 minute ago, suds7162 said:

Very new, it was commissioned last week. I'm not sure what the SOC of the batteries were before commissioning, but I'm pretty sure all of them were green on day one. I also thought it was a balancing issue, but the affected battery seems to be in discharge mode, not charge mode, which does not make sense, if it is the one that should be charging.

if its not charging past 90% there is a problem . Is that charging from pv or grid ? you should be able to do a 100% charge if there is enough pv or if you select the correct settings to do a grid charge . Also very possible that there is an issue with that battery if it is not acting like the others.

Agreed I think there is a problem. 

My system charges full power until the batteries reach 99%, then it tapers off. We've compared my settings with my father's settings. 

We tried with grid charge, PV charge and everything in between. Cannot get the bank to go beyond 90%. Next step is to remove that battery from the bank, and test the other 5 together, and also test the one on its own to see what the inverter says.

Is there software available that I can use to connect a laptop to the batteries to get a better diagnostic readout? I did a quick search on the forum but did not find anything valuable. I would presume these wall-mount models use the identical BMS to the other Greenrich batteries.  

7 minutes ago, suds7162 said:

Is there software available that I can use to connect a laptop to the batteries to get a better diagnostic readout? I did a quick search on the forum but did not find anything valuable. I would presume these wall-mount models use the identical BMS to the other Greenrich batteries.  

Not sure but i would assume there is something like PBMS tools or batteryview that can connect to them . They are still very new batteries on the market so i am not sure what BMS they are using . Maybe @Bruce Gu can help . I have seen he works on those batteries.

Edited by Nexuss

Thanks. I will see if I can do some reading on my software options. The connector layout on the WMs look identical to the more established rack-mount versions from Greenrich. Hence my assumption.

I told my father to try and discharge the bank a little more tonight. He's configured the inverter to not allow the bank to go below 50%. Maybe dropping to 20% will help the BMS figure itself out. Otherwise the reset button might help. I have sent an email to the manufacturer, so hopefully they will also respond with some assistance.