8kW Sunsynk, FreedomWon 10/8 & 12 x LONGi 575W Monos on IBR roof.

Not a question I haven't already heard. So let me ask you another question: if I use the same trunking & then Sprague the AC or DC cables within that same trunking am I in the same trunking???

So to answer the same trunking but Sprague regarded as separate trunking within the trunking. Makes for a much neater installation & looks good too. 

Been 4 months since I joined, and at that stage solar was just a distant thought. But that didn't last long when we started to get stage 6. So I made some plans, put myself into debt forever, and took the leap.
Stock shortages have been interesting. And are only going to get worse. But I wasn't in a rush. This forum has been invaluable, especially for finding the right installer.
Steve has been amazing the whole way, and dealt with all my constant irritating phonecalls and silly questions.
I am over the moon to be "part of the club" and consider Steve's work to be impeccable.
I'm in the final stages now. Have the system mostly up, with a few things to do. But I have the battery connected and as I type this, I'm at the end of of 4 hour load shedding and just finished cooking dinner on the electric stove with no issues.
Barely noticed the shedding today. Those considering getting an installation....do it.

Looking forward to learning the finer aspects and tweaking, and the final stage of installation. But I'm up and running. Install looks great.
@TimCam If I'm not mistaken, we went with 26 degrees or close.

I am sure Steve will update and we are very close to the finish.

Edited by Chaos

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Been 4 months since I joined, and at that stage solar was just a distant thought. But that didn't last long when we started to get stage 6. So I made some plans, put myself into debt forever, and took the leap.
Stock shortages have been interesting. And are only going to get worse. But I wasn't in a rush. This forum has been invaluable, especially for finding the right installer.
Steve has been amazing the whole way, and dealt with all my constant irritating phonecalls and silly questions.
I am over the moon to be "part of the club" and consider Steve's work to be impeccable.
I'm in the final stages now. Have the system mostly up, with a few things to do. But I have the battery connected and as I type this, I'm at the end of of 4 hour load shedding and just finished cooking dinner on the electric stove with no issues.
Barely noticed the shedding today. Those considering getting an installation....do it.

Looking forward to learning the finer aspects and tweaking, and the final stage of installation. But I'm up and running. Install looks great.
@TimCam If I'm not mistaken, we went with 26 degrees or close.

I am sure Steve will update and we are very close to the finish.

You made an excellent choice regarding  product ,  if it helps , we are all in debt due to the exorbitant cost of product / system , but I cannot imagine life anymore without my solar system. As the Englishman says it is what it is.!

On 2023/04/19 at 9:59 PM, TestTube said:

I'm basically about to install the same setup. Where's the battery hidden?

Battery is going on the floor, underneath the inverter. I had to make a choice on whether to install on the patio, where pedestrians may see it and decide to do some shopping, putting it in the garage which was inconveniently far from the board, or installing it inside, in the entrance hall which is still out of the way. Decided to go for indoors, and instead of hiding it..make it a feature 🙂
Doesn't take up much space, noise is negligible and it doesn't look bad at all. I figure solar installations are something to show off and be proud of nowadays. Steve does a neat job that doesn't look out of place and I've only had good comments about it. I could have hidden it with some mods, but I'm ok with it. The FW battery is classy looking and doesn't look industrial.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Steve87 said:

So finally all done here ☺️ @Chaoshas been an extremely patient person to deal with & especially when the supply chain has squeezed us to new frustrations. Someone was wondering where the FreedomWon was hidden. Alas it's made an appearance. It just wasn't ready for it's picture. 

Screenshot_2023-05-02-19-46-12-168-edit_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-02-19-45-57-079-edit_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-02-19-45-13-637-edit_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Hi Steve, that looks very attractive. 👍Does that blue and red indicator lamps on the cupboard belongs to inverter? 

Been a great experience working with @Steve87 through this install. Although there were some delays, my brief from the beginning was to take his time, do it when he could...no pressure. He kept me updated every step of the way and I am very, very happy with the install. He and his team are incredible as is his electrician (Who once worked till almost 9pm one night to make sure we got up and running)
I have LOTS to learn still, it's almost like learning a new language. But for those considering an install my advice is go for a bit higher spec than you think you need. More is never regretted!

Btw, the install is even neater that it appears in the pics. He really does a lovely job of tucking everything away, running trunking etc. And is pedantic about how things need to be done. No shortcuts here!
I'll update performance as we go along, but it's great living as though there is no loadshedding. We can even use the stove, microwave and kettle at the same time, if needed and not often.

49 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Been a great experience working with @Steve87 through this install. Although there were some delays, my brief from the beginning was to take his time, do it when he could...no pressure. He kept me updated every step of the way and I am very, very happy with the install. He and his team are incredible as is his electrician (Who once worked till almost 9pm one night to make sure we got up and running)
I have LOTS to learn still, it's almost like learning a new language. But for those considering an install my advice is go for a bit higher spec than you think you need. More is never regretted!

Btw, the install is even neater that it appears in the pics. He really does a lovely job of tucking everything away, running trunking etc. And is pedantic about how things need to be done. No shortcuts here!
I'll update performance as we go along, but it's great living as though there is no loadshedding. We can even use the stove, microwave and kettle at the same time, if needed and not often.

Well done @Steve87. I do know him a little,   he does question the norm also, he keeps me on my toes. 

On 2023/05/02 at 7:49 PM, Steve87 said:

So finally all done here ☺️ @Chaoshas been an extremely patient person to deal with & especially when the supply chain has squeezed us to new frustrations. Someone was wondering where the FreedomWon was hidden. Alas it's made an appearance. It just wasn't ready for it's picture. 

I think that would be me asking that question!
I have an almost exact copy requirement - SS 8kw, Freedom Won 10/8 and am about to install. I like your idea of sprague within the trunking - so what size trunking are you using? I bought 40x40mm but could easily give it up because of an awkwardness with AC and DC having to cross paths.
I see you haven't used an DC Isolator with fuses - are you relying on the breaker in the Freedom Won?. Also - did you permanently bond the earth to neutral on the LOAD side? And the inverter itself - also bonded to the grid earth? Would very much appreciate your response. 

On 2023/05/03 at 1:01 PM, Chaos said:

What things did you put on essential and what on non-essential? Would like to know as I have the exact setup as yours and still  need to install.

@TestTubewe have used a 50mm by 50mm. If you usee sprague things can get bulky in there. The FreedomWon has a very modern DC ABB breaker. It's the 1 battery that does not require any fuses for protection. The Breaker serves as both & this has been confirmed by them & most installers are taking good advantage of the quality FreedomWon is producing. 

That ABB breaker is on another level. 

21 hours ago, TestTube said:

What things did you put on essential and what on non-essential? Would like to know as I have the exact setup as yours and still  need to install.

I have 3 geysers..one for outbuildings and 2 for the house. I leave the outside one off until we need it, and put both geysers on non-essentials.
Since stove/oven/microwave etc are things you only switch on only when you need them and are easy to monitor, I left them on the essentials and use them when there isn't big load.
But so far, nothing we have done has even strained this setup slightly and we can pretty much carry on as though there isn't loadshedding.
We added 2 x Astutes for the geysers, and I think monitoring and controlling when your geysers work remotely is half the job of a solar installation. The rest....just keep it on essentials. Even the pool pump, if you set it to run during the day when you have good PV.

Edited by Chaos

On 2023/05/06 at 4:00 PM, Chaos said:

I have 3 geysers..one for outbuildings and 2 for the house. I leave the outside one off until we need it, and put both geysers on non-essentials.
Since stove/oven/microwave etc are things you only switch on only when you need them and are easy to monitor, I left them on the essentials and use them when there isn't big load.
But so far, nothing we have done has even strained this setup slightly and we can pretty much carry on as though there isn't loadshedding.
We added 2 x Astutes for the geysers, and I think monitoring and controlling when your geysers work remotely is half the job of a solar installation. The rest....just keep it on essentials. Even the pool pump, if you set it to run during the day when you have good PV.

Thank you very much. My logic was leaning the other way and was tending to be difficult to figure out. This is definitely something to consider carefully.

On 2023/05/06 at 3:21 AM, Steve87 said:

@TestTubewe have used a 50mm by 50mm. If you usee sprague things can get bulky in there. The FreedomWon has a very modern DC ABB breaker. It's the 1 battery that does not require any fuses for protection. The Breaker serves as both & this has been confirmed by them & most installers are taking good advantage of the quality FreedomWon is producing. 

That ABB breaker is on another level. 

Thank you. Much appreciated. Might be able to save money doing it this way.