Jump to content

Mecer (axpert) SOL-I-AX-5NB not utilising pv in SBU or SOL


Keenen

Recommended Posts

Hi all, wondering if anyone else has ever experienced an issue with PV not charging batteries while a load in connected. I have an expert SOL-AX-5NB which cannot seem to use the PV to charge the battery while there is a AC load connected. The PV charges the battery perfectly when in standby mode, also when in UTI. However when I'm in SBU or SOL, the PV gets ignored for charging however I can use the PV to my load. I’ll attach a photo of how the diagram changes when a load is connected. Setting 30 is enabled aswell. I have tried changing every setting multiple times. However I have had no luck.

I have two of these units and the both doing the exact same thing. I bought these units from a friend who used them in Parallel without any issues.

image.thumb.jpeg.3437cea96afbd47b3795bb316500633d.jpeg

Edited by Keenen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Keenen said:

Setting 30 is enabled as well.

The relevant setting would seem to be the silly setting 31, Solar Balance. It should be set to SBE (Solar Balance Enable), which is the default.

This appears to be an Axpert MKS II. What main (U1) firmware are you running?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

The relevant setting would seem to be the silly setting 31, Solar Balance. It should be set to SBE (Solar Balance Enable), which is the default.

This appears to be an Axpert MKS II. What main (U1) firmware are you running?

Setting 31 is enabled.

Firmware U1 - 71 - 80

This has been racking my brain and has been a struggle with loadshedding 😕

Have tried updating firmware, keep getting couldn’t open port error... Not sure why

Edited by Keenen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Keenen said:

Have tried updating firmware, keep getting couldn’t open port error...

The usual suspect is something keeping the port open, like Watchpower. You can't just close the window, you have to use the special Windows tray close menu, as shown in the unofficial upload instructions.

Factory firmware version 71.86 is "only" a little over 2 years old, versus 71.80 at  over 3 years old.

71.82 seems to correct a bug with PV, so that sounds relevant to your situation.

Also check the above upload instructions for USB to RS-232 adapters that are known to work with the inverters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

The usual suspect is something keeping the port open, like Watchpower. You can't just close the window, you have to use the special Windows tray close menu, as shown in the unofficial upload instructions.

Factory firmware version 71.86 is "only" a little over 2 years old, versus 71.80 at  over 3 years old.

71.82 seems to correct a bug with PV, so that sounds relevant to your situation.

Also check the above upload instructions for USB to RS-232 adapters that are known to work with the inverters.

I managed last night to get the firmware to update. It’s still early here and the sun is still low. Will update the forum if it solved my problem. I updated to the 71.86, however now the USB port no longer communicates to solar assistant. So I have just used the RS232 Rj45 port to connect and monitor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...