Deye 8Kw min PV voltage

SchalkG

Hi All

Just checking if the obvious is the issue. I bought a Deye 8KW inverter and have 2PV stings from a previous setup. 12x330w and 3x600w.

The 600W string runs on 120Volts (3x39.5) VopenCircuit and the Deye has a range of (125-500), does this mean it will not charge at all under 125 Volts and I need another panel? Or is there possible something else wrong?

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, SchalkG said:

Hi All

Just checking if the obvious is the issue. I bought a Deye 8KW inverter and have 2PV stings from a previous setup. 12x330w and 3x600w.

The 600W string runs on 120Volts (3x39.5) VopenCircuit and the Deye has a range of (125-500), does this mean it will not charge at all under 125 Volts and I need another panel? Or is there possible something else wrong?

spacer.png

The 3x600W has a too low voltage. It needs 150V to start and also stay above 125V. You can add 2x330W where you connect these 2 in parallel and then in series with the 3x600W. You will not use all the power from the 2x330W but the loss will not be too much and at least you will have a working string on say MPPT1. Then the remaining 10x330W you connect in series on MPPT2. 

Problem solved. 

Place the rating of the 330 and 600W panels to confirm my guesstimate. 

Edited by Scorp007