FOR SALE: New up5000

FixAMess

I'm not sure. On the goodwe app it allows one to add and mix us2000/3000/ and C derivatives, but not up5000.

One can add a up5000 by itself but not mixing  older us3000's and new together..

The industry/tech is changing so fast, I expect in 5 yrs time, today's new equipment will be incompatible with the then equipment...Try finding a match now for solar panels bought in 2019.

Edited by FixAMess

11 hours ago, FixAMess said:

I'm not sure. On the goodwe app it allows one to add and mix us2000/3000/ and C derivatives, but not up5000.

One can add a up5000 by itself but not mixing  older us3000's and new together..

The industry/tech is changing so fast, I expect in 5 yrs time, today's new equipment will be incompatible with the then equipment...Try finding a match now for solar panels bought in 2019.

Maybe look at getting a Sunsynk inverter so you can use the battery :D 

44 minutes ago, Nexuss said:

Maybe look at getting a Sunsynk inverter so you can use the battery :D 

Nooooo....It is rather disappointing though! There is apparently a workaround that I'm investigating..

Goodwe is in progress wrt. Certifying the up5000. Not holding my breath though.

The us2000/3000C models are certified so I can't understand my the up5000 is a problem.

My Goodwe runs my UP5000 mixed together with 3000 and 3000C and 2000Plus', basically a mix and match of Pylons collected over the years, NO PROBLEM!

Telling the inverter what battery you have literally just sets an additional level of charge / discharge and DOD limits over and above BMS comms (at least I don't see any other advantage to setting the exact same battery type in Goodwe settings, maybe someone can correct me on this?). 

I.o.w. what @P1000 mentioned is correct, a single UP5000 has the same charge / discharge current limits as two US2000 (doesn't matter normal or C).

If, for example, you have a UP5000 (50A max) mixed with a single US3000 (37A max) giving you a combined max 87A charge/discharge, set the Goodwe to 3x US2000, thereby setting max 75A; slighly lower but helps with the longevity of your batteries 😉 

29 minutes ago, markus_m2 said:

My Goodwe runs my UP5000 mixed together with 3000 and 3000C and 2000Plus', basically a mix and match of Pylons collected over the years, NO PROBLEM!

Telling the inverter what battery you have literally just sets an additional level of charge / discharge and DOD limits over and above BMS comms (at least I don't see any other advantage to setting the exact same battery type in Goodwe settings, maybe someone can correct me on this?). 

I have a Freedom Won battery. Goodwe has no settings for Freedom Won. The installer just put the Goodwe into "default lithium" mode, plugged in the comms cable, and the BMS did the rest. It's not even set and forget. It's just forget.

1 hour ago, FixAMess said:

Did you have to upgrade us3000a/b to talk to the up5000?

Not sure what you mean by upgrade - I did install latest firmware in all batteries, UP5000 as master, and off it went....

At the peak I was running (in this order):

UP5000 master

US3000C

US3000C

US3000

US2000Plus

(Temp install for only a week, hence the "incorrect" single inverter power cable...two of the batteries have since gone to my parents;-)

20230203_190530.thumb.jpg.911c37d050517651f10f4161f5a3354d.jpg

Edited by markus_m2